Skip to content
Maintankadin

Speculation on Val'anyr :D

Chunes
Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:44 am

Speculation on Val'anyr :D

What do you all think this mace will be geared towards?

My first guess is of course a healing mace since the last two legendaries were damage oriented.

Perhaps it will be more variable though with Heal/DPS/Tank varieties?

what are your thoughts?
_________________
Panzerdin
Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:47 am
Its fragments are only usable by classes capable of healing. I see a healing mace coming on.
_________________
If you shoot Anthony several hundred times with an anti-tank rifle whilst he is stabbed to death by a squad of ninja monkeys, he will be dead.

OK?
Taeron
Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:47 am
Limited to shamans, druid, priests and paladins.

Pretty sure it's a spell damage mace. And it's a Gavel. Would something like Bonecrusher or just Mace if it would be melee oriented. I do hope we get a legendary shield at some point, perhaps.
_________________

=== http://wow.kreatorij.si ===
Jasari
Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:47 am
I predict healing, with some cool kind of proc.
Worldie
Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:49 am
It's healing mace for the following reasons.
Can be used only by the 4 healing classes

If it was a generic caster weapon, would have been a staff since all casters (except paladins) can use staves, even shamans.


There is the option (which i doubt, but there is) for it to be good for a prot paladin, similarly to how Warglaives were not bad for prot warriors.
_________________

Uord - Prot Warrior
Darkworldie - Death Knight

Tanking... srs business
djlar
Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:50 am
I hope is like Tier oriented gear, you decide what you want it for... dps, heals or tank...
Panzerdin
Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:05 am
Presumably the most powerful one.
_________________
If you shoot Anthony several hundred times with an anti-tank rifle whilst he is stabbed to death by a squad of ninja monkeys, he will be dead.

OK?
mclem
Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:09 am
Add me to the list who thinks it's for healing. I'll live in hope that it'll be like Atiesh and has multiple configurations for different classes (or in this case, specs), though.

Although if it *is*, that means there won't be a tank Ashbringer. So I'm torn!
Petrus
Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:10 am
Well, there are four colors of the paladin T8. Here's to hoping that they use the white as one of the two - 10 man or 25 man. I hope to god it's not purple/red and even worse purple/red.

As for Val'anyr, I hope they put crit on the paladin version. I hope to god it's not mp5 with no crit like the terribly itemized blacksmithed belt/boots for holy.
_________________

Panzerdin
Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:13 am
I think two of them will drop from 'hard mode'.
_________________
If you shoot Anthony several hundred times with an anti-tank rifle whilst he is stabbed to death by a squad of ninja monkeys, he will be dead.

OK?