Skip to content
Maintankadin

BoSanc likely going away

Modal
Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:07 pm

BoSanc likely going away

We already had some evidence: 3% mitigation from newly mandatory Glyph of Divine Plea (they really shouldn't make us use a glyph slot for this, though, IMO).

Now, this:

Chunes
Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:10 pm
one would think the changes to divine plea would cover us in the mana department.
_________________
Modal
Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:11 pm
I don't think DP will be enough. Not if we lose both SA and sanctuary.
_________________
Chunes
Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:13 pm
cite the source that said SA was changing at all for prot paladins. We have no reason to fear it going anywhere unless i've missed a blue post somewhere along the line.
_________________
KysenMurrin
Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:15 pm
They moved the 3% priest damage reduction to another talent. (Yes, I made this same mistake when I first read it.)

Modal
Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:10 pm
Oh I see. Perhaps not then. Still I actually hope they remove BoSanc and give us another source for the same mitigation and mana regen.

And they're definitely nerfing SA for Holy paladins. So it's going to change for us, too. Maybe we'll end up having it as a deep Prot talent or something, but it's not just gonna stay how it is. So we can't assume we'll have an SA style of mana regen in the future.
_________________
KysenMurrin
Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:14 pm
I only just noticed that the new Priest damage reduction is raid-wide. That's very interesting - with buff homogenisation, they might want to give that to more than one class...
_________________
Modal
Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:36 pm
Well if we keep Sanc we already have raid-wide 3% reduction. Or at least in my raids we typically run with enough paladins that this is true.
_________________
Spamdrew
Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:39 pm
It sure looks like Sanctuary and the Disc Priest Buff will be non stackable buffs. I would assume that means that the damage reduction from the Plea buff would we separate but I guess we will see.
_________________
Dobbelsteen
Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:47 pm
Then we'd be back to the mana issues we had in BTC, I doubt blizz will go back to that.
They already nerfed sanc to not give rage/RP anymore so I doubt they'll remove it completely because there's simply no point.
_________________
Sonic
Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:33 pm
If you've watched the blue posts, with the changes to mana regen holy paladins aren't effected as much. So they had an idea of maybe putting Spiritual attunment as a deep prot and ret passive talent to help with their regen but not let holy keep it's benefit via judging with blood/matyr or stanidng in the fire.

My best guess is sanctuary is going to become a passive, giving us the dodge/parry/block regen effect + SA effect.

Seeing as they are going to fix rage/runic generation for other tanks there is no reason for sanctuary to be cast on anyone at that point. Add in kings becomming baseline and it pretty much makes sence to remove sanctuary as a blessing and turn it into a passive.
Daethiel
Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:52 pm
Hypothetical is also what this thread is entirely.

They have never even hinted at Sactuary being removed from the game. The OP's basis of this thread is that it is already being removed which is really just grasping at this point.

Now, if they continue to give warriors the Sanc ability as a passive ability that does not take a buff slot, then I for one will be extremely pissed if they leave BoSanct as a blessing buff for us.