Skip to content
Maintankadin

7000 dps Shadow priest?

iwillpunishu
Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:29 am

7000 dps Shadow priest?

We finally got around to attempting and finally killing 2 drake sarth last night, and I looked at recount after one of our wipes, and our shadow priest was doing 7000 dps. We had 4 tanks last night, so I was in cat form all night last night. I'm doing around 3500 dps on average, and maybe I could pump that up a bit, but there is no way I'm getting it up 7000. My question is..... Is this the kind of dps you all are seeing out there now? My cat used to be in the top 5 alot, but now I was 10th or 11th all night. This is a good thing for the guild, but kind of depressing for kitty dps. My gear really cant get much better than what it is right now.
amh
Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:34 am
Have you had a look at the WWS? It sounds like he´s AoEing when he could / should be nuking a drake. Mind Sear should be a small part of his dps on that encounter.
_________________
Paladin
Deathnugget
A priest called Beer
Dakiros
Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:38 am
DK in our guild last night was on a Sarth pug and did 5800 dps... and came in second to a shadow priest doing almost 7000. I don't know how they do it but it certainly is possible.
_________________
iwillpunishu
Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:38 am
We dont run wws. Im too stupid computer wise to try to figure out how to do that. He said he really didnt aoe at all. This is the guild leader I'm talking about here, so I'm trusting he is telling the truth.
Chunes
Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:49 am
our spriest tops the meter when we're doing 3 drakes primarily because he is able to maintain dots ticking on the focus fire drake, but also he helps mindsear adds down.
_________________
semp
Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:54 am
he was mind searing the whelps its pretty much that simple.
Passionario
Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:14 am
Devouring Plague + Pestilence + tons of whelps/blazes = 7000+ DPS
_________________
Rogues do it from behind.
Priests do it in missionary.
Paladins do it with protection.