Skip to content
Maintankadin

Ret Spec in 3.1? (current trees)

Origon
Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:38 pm

Ret Spec in 3.1? (current trees)

I know the trees are subject to change still, not done, etc. but with the current trees, can anyone see a point of even using more than 0 / 5 / 55 points? (for pure pve dps) This is what I came up with. I know the new prot talent is +healing done and received, so thats not really boosting dps. Honestly, is there anything else to take thats useful? O.o
_________________
Vindicated
Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:43 pm
You have enough to get divine intellect 5/5 in holy with a point to spare. It would only give you about 600 mana and a tiny bit of spell crit, but there really isn't much else to spend it on.
_________________
Origon
Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:02 pm
So the biggest choice in that case is probly useless talent A or useless talent B in first tier holy. righteousness / vengeance arent used as ret, but you arent casting heals either, bleh.
_________________
Robbo
Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:34 pm
So far I'm planning to go down prot and get imp HoJ so I can pvp (more effectively at least).

Very strange to have so many talent points left over atm O.o.
_________________
Selinaria
Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:50 pm
I'm kinda hoping there are some new ret talents coming /pray. Otherwise my pvp and pve ret specs will probably be the exact same thing Confused

Something like:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?paladin=000000000000000000000000005320000000000000000000005232251223331322133231331&glyph=000000000000&version=9626

Not necessarily perfect for pvp but since as mentioned 0/5/55 has every single talent needed for pve, no reason not to do it in the pve spec.

I think that is the first time I have ever made a spec taking almost every point in a single tree.
_________________
Vindicated
Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:53 pm
considering he added
Origon
Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:53 pm
The only problem I'm having about deciding to go with aura mastery is that both tier1 holy talents are utterly useless. If you're casting a heal (other than an emergency flash heal on yourself), its pretty much fail, and those two seals are never used
_________________
Dorvan
Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:04 am
There's not really any point in worrying about PvE ret builds right now imo. In the current build you can get everything you need with like 10 points to spare...the tree is simply to sparse atm and I expect that to change.
_________________


WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix