Skip to content
Maintankadin

Argent Charger... Come to Daddy!

Goreon
Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:59 am

Argent Charger... Come to Daddy!

As a fairly long time Pally it broke my heart that after Vanilla we didn't see any 'Paladin specific' mount additions to the game and doubly so in WotLK.

So I'm delighted to see the return of a class mount in the form of the upcoming Argent Charger...

Image

Isn't she a beauty?

I'm currently farming my dailies in very eager anticipation for getting one of these in 3.2

Does anyone have any further info on how to get one of these mounts? All I know at present is that you have to be exalted with Argent Crusade to buy it, but no mention of cost.
Invisusira
Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:12 am

Re: Argent Charger... Come to Daddy!

ImageImageImageImage
modified 4 year old graphics get me EXCITED
ImageImageImageImage
serrasin
Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:25 am

Re: Argent Charger... Come to Daddy!

meh. old charger with a photoshop job to the skin. I expect more of blizzard.
Grehn|Skipjack
Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:35 am

Re: Argent Charger... Come to Daddy!

serrasin wrote:I expect more of blizzard.

Might I ask why? Everything is a re-skin of a re-skin.
Holyday
Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:51 am

Re: Argent Charger... Come to Daddy!

Grehn|Skipjack wrote: Might I ask why? Everything is a re-skin of a re-skin.


Ain't that the truth.
serrasin
Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:15 am

Re: Argent Charger... Come to Daddy!

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:
serrasin wrote:I expect more of blizzard.

Might I ask why? Everything is a re-skin of a re-skin.

ok, rephrasing: I should be able to expect more. I would be very interested to see how much of the money that they rake in from wow goes back into content and development.
Nikachelle
Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:23 am

Re: Argent Charger... Come to Daddy!

I like the recolouring, so I'm looking forward to getting it. My original one is looking kind of drab.
Javierkaiser
Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:58 am

Re: Argent Charger... Come to Daddy!

I like it ^^
Sadly it doesn't fly. :?
Sark
Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:42 am

Re: Argent Charger... Come to Daddy!

Goreon wrote:As a fairly long time Pally it broke my heart that after Vanilla we didn't see any 'Paladin specific' mount additions to the game and doubly so in WotLK.

So I'm delighted to see the return of a class mount in the form of the upcoming Argent Charger...

Image

Isn't she a beauty?

I'm currently farming my dailies in very eager anticipation for getting one of these in 3.2

Does anyone have any further info on how to get one of these mounts? All I know at present is that you have to be exalted with Argent Crusade to buy it, but no mention of cost.



Sorry to break it to you...you dont have to be exalted with tthe argent crusade

you have to be exalted with all the cities of your side alliance or horde

as well as be a champion of each city

since the mount was announce i've been farming rep and tokens (the mount costs 100 champion's seals on the ptr)


I will be able to afford one on day one of the patch...as well as the tabard that ports you to northrend...and the upgrade to my squire to turn him into a true errand bitch

because....i am a closet roleplayer
AnotherPally
Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:54 am

Re: Argent Charger... Come to Daddy!

Javierkaiser wrote:I like it ^^
Sadly it doesn't fly. :?

Give us flying mount plox
Thrornir
Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:30 am

Re: Argent Charger... Come to Daddy!

Heh, my girlfriend (who plays a priest and is an avid mount collector, which means we're still running ZG / Kara / Stratholme every week for rare drop mounts) was pissed when it was announced that paladins would get another class-specific mount. I understand the lore reasons why the Argent Crusade has a paladin-only mount, but game-wise I'm sure it annoys a lot of non-paladins.
PsiVen
Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:19 am

Re: Argent Charger... Come to Daddy!

I was horribly disappointed when I bought this mount on the PTR and compared it directly. It is EXACTLY the Charger mount we already have, except that it's darker. That's it. It's a dingy warhorse.

I'll be sticking with my Turbostrider.
Wrakken
Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:38 am

Re: Argent Charger... Come to Daddy!

True it's a lame re-coloring, but I still prefer it to our actual charger.

I'll get mine for sure.

Edit: IMO, they should have given it through a chain quest, just like the old one.
Culhag
Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:04 am

Re: Argent Charger... Come to Daddy!

Wrakken wrote:True it's a lame re-coloring, but I still prefer it to our actual charger.

I'll get mine for sure.

Edit: IMO, they should have given it through a chain quest, just like the old one.

A dev should log on the live realms and personally hand it to us. Because we're that awesome !

About the recoloring : every mount from the Argent Tournament is a recolor. Why would you expect something different just for paladins ?
Lumennon
Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:10 am

Re: Argent Charger... Come to Daddy!

Culhag wrote:About the recoloring : every mount from the Argent Tournament is a recolor. Why would you expect something different just for paladins ?


Pretty much this, I guess...

I don't understand why so many people mock the ones who are looking forward to this mount - sure, it didn't take them much work, but hey, that's not what it's about. It's nice to see something different. I have always been fond of our Charger's design, and even I am getting a little tired of it. Still, I think it's one of the best looking mounts in game. Having a slightly different touch to it is something I look forward to as well, and I don't know how that's something to look down upon.

Also, it's just the regular Charger but with a color change? No shit. When we first saw the screenshots of that Argent Crusade guy on this horse, we already said that it was the same model with a recolouring. And that was before it was announced that it would become an obtainable mount. It was even before 3.1 was out.

I mean hot damn, way to go in the complaint department.