Skip to content
Maintankadin

Path of the Titans

andx
Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:50 pm

Path of the Titans

"Basically, Path of the Titans is a new character advancement option (similar to talent points) that is not tied to your class. I.e. you can customize your character in the way you want."

-Ciderhelm

But what does it mean!?

-andx
Arcand
Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: Path of the Titans

Mage tanks are back!
Invisusira
Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:52 pm

Re: Path of the Titans

They left?
Lumennon
Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:54 pm

Re: Path of the Titans

I CAN HAZ MOAR AYCH PEEZ?
Kelaan
Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:57 pm

Re: Path of the Titans

andx wrote:"Basically, Path of the Titans is a new character advancement option (similar to talent points) that is not tied to your class. I.e. you can customize your character in the way you want."

I was expecting it to be a way to tailore towards your ROLE (tank, healer, etc)... but that seems somewhat limited, as then it's just another flavor of talents. At the same time, that's still ultimately what this seems like, so I hope they allow respeccing.
Panzerdin
Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:58 pm

Re: Path of the Titans

I'm going to reserve judgement until we actually know what they do.
KysenMurrin
Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:04 pm

Re: Path of the Titans

They talked about it a little more on the panel, but I didn't catch much of it. I believe they said it was tied into the fact they're not extending talent trees further.
Arcand
Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:05 pm

Re: Path of the Titans

KysenMurrin wrote:They talked about it a little more on the panel, but I didn't catch much of it. I believe they said it was tied into the fact they're not extending talent trees further.


Not ever, or not in Cataclysm?
KysenMurrin
Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:11 pm

Re: Path of the Titans

I don't think they went into if they're not ever extending them. But they at least said they're keeping them at 51 for Cataclysm, and adding new ways to progress.

I expect they will either change the system or extend the trees again the next time they increase the cap, or you'll end up with people getting too deep in multiple trees.
andx
Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:16 pm

Re: Path of the Titans

KysenMurrin wrote:I don't think they went into if they're not ever extending them. But they at least said they're keeping them at 51 for Cataclysm, and adding new ways to progress.

I expect they will either change the system or extend the trees again the next time they increase the cap, or you'll end up with people getting too deep in multiple trees.

Yeah that would make a Ret healer amazing with like a 34/0/45 build getting all of the essential holy skills with sheath of light... FUN
fafhrd
Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:44 pm

Re: Path of the Titans

hm. so titan's grip and sweeping strikes/weapon spec eh...
Worldie
Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:47 pm

Re: Path of the Titans

It sucks for prot though, there's nothing in Retri worth taking nor in Holy, the only change is that we'll be able to take Crusade and Seal of the Pure at same time.
fudomyou
Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:48 pm

Re: Path of the Titans

Worldie wrote:It sucks for prot though, there's nothing in Retri worth taking nor in Holy, the only change is that we'll be able to take Crusade and Seal of the Pure at same time.


Because we really needed the extra threat. Really we did.
Worldie
Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:50 pm

Re: Path of the Titans

Who knows how it will look like in Cataclysm, threat wont necessarly be ez mode forever.

Also, the jump from 80 to 85 might not be as traumatic as 70->80. Imagine if we actually can still use our T9 in the first dungeons.
Sober
Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:51 pm

Re: Path of the Titans

A mastery system is being added as well, a lot of talents will be reworked to be more fun. The point is to get rid of a lot of the talent skills and not make you spend all your points in a talent tree just because it gives you more damage or higher crit chance.


from the panel.

Actually this might be good for all specs, this makes talent trees more about what they offer and the more you invest seems to just flat out increase your damage/healing/etc. instead of having all those talents you need to sink into it just because one tree offers it while another won't/can't - I.E. Holy Paladin tree can be more interesting, Frost PvE might be viable, etc.