Skip to content
Maintankadin

Transmogrification and stuff!

Amirya
Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:15 am

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Hurray, found a belt to go with level 60 pvp!

Lawbringer is not only amazing yellow, and fits in quite well, it's still available.

Now to decide who I'm taking to kill things in MC.
Aedh
Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:24 am

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Sagara wrote:I'm starting to fall in love with tier 6.5 (sunwell stuff), but I can't for the life of me find a shield matching the dark gold motif. Any ideas? For reference, Sunward crest is too yellow/bright, and Dawnforged Defender is too red/dark for the set to match.

Here's a pic for those wondering:

Image


Draconian Deflector?
twinkfist
Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:52 pm

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

one other weapon i wish i didn't vendor.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=30009

at least i have a pally alt i can get this on now.

plus, i could also get the torn-heart axe of battle from that quest in shadow-moon valley.
Aedh
Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:06 pm

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Sagara wrote:


Not half bad! Thanks!


:D
Glad to help.
Pala
Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:12 pm

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

I liked this red shield when I got it. It's something to shove in the dragon's face when you meet him. http://www.wowhead.com/item=19348
rodos
Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

culhag wrote:
rodos wrote:Aside: Anyone good good ideas for a full steam-punk/engineer (plate) set?

Apart from the engi googles, I don't know for the armor. I suppose you have to find something that really looks like metal. Nothing too shiny.

The gnomish weapons from T9 should fit the theme. (mace, sword) There's also some engi themed shields you can find. (drop, engineering)

Yeah. Mekkatorque wears BC goggles, FRD and the ToC caster mace in his new incarnation. That's not a bad starting point. WTB Mimiron's Head.
melisandyr
Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:57 am

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

It's been mentioned earlier in the thread, but http://www.wowhead.com/item=30889 matches gold and red nicely.

If you have a male character or a tauren, this shield with http://www.wowhead.com/item=34214 actually works for horde tier 9. It's trash for blood elf females though, as the texture areas just look a mess because they are so small
Klaudandus
Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:51 am

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

melisandyr wrote:It's been mentioned earlier in the thread, but http://www.wowhead.com/item=30889 matches gold and red nicely.

If you have a male character or a tauren, this shield with http://www.wowhead.com/item=34214 actually works for horde tier 9. It's trash for blood elf females though, as the texture areas just look a mess because they are so small


Yeah, I never figured out why weapon models looks insanely small with female blood elves, heck, even two handers look insanely small. I remember a two-hander sword from the icc5mans that looked smaller than 1-handers I was using on my male BE pally at the time.
fuzzygeek
Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:07 am

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Now that we've got transmogrification, the next thing I want them to implement is character scaling. Alter character height and size within a, say, 10% range.
KysenMurrin
Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:25 am

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

New Darkmoon Faire preview includes "replicas of long-lost suits of armor that we’re offering for your Transmogrification needs" - guessing this will be how they'll give access to T3 for transmogrification, among other things - possibly other tier sets, so people don't have to farm?
melisandyr
Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:30 am

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Oooh,Naxxramas shields?
Flex
Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:34 am

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

KysenMurrin wrote:New Darkmoon Faire preview includes "replicas of long-lost suits of armor that we’re offering for your Transmogrification needs" - guessing this will be how they'll give access to T3 for transmogrification, among other things - possibly other tier sets, so people don't have to farm?


I'd venture more Death Knight starting armor and Dungeon set 1 and 2 unsure of Tier 3.
fuzzygeek
Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:37 am

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

I find it very hard to believe they'll add T3 back in. Possibly only the ability to purchase what you once owned, although I don't know how robust T3 tracking was (I suspect not at all).
Kerriodos
Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:40 pm

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Sagara wrote:I'm starting to fall in love with tier 6.5 (sunwell stuff), but I can't for the life of me find a shield matching the dark gold motif. Any ideas? For reference, Sunward crest is too yellow/bright, and Dawnforged Defender is too red/dark for the set to match.

Here's a pic for those wondering:

Image


I'm going to be using the spirit shield from the chess event, alongside Hailstorm for my T6 set, which is... similarly coloured, if a bit brighter.
Klaudandus
Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:05 pm

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Just pants missing from the T2 purple set~
fuzzygeek
Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:44 pm

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Sagara wrote:Image


If you haven't picked out a cloak, IIRC there's a nice one off Al'ar that matches the motif.

Edit: here it is http://www.wowhead.com/item=29925
Sagara
Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:51 pm

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Once again thanks everyone ^^

FOr cloacks I'll use the guild cloack (Guild master FTW \o/)
And for shield I'll probably go with either the Kara one, or simply back to the Quel Danas one.

Thanks for the inputs :)
masterpoobaa
Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:53 pm

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

How bout my circular one with a ring of fire?
Sagara
Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:37 pm

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

masterpoobaa wrote:How bout my circular one with a ring of fire?


It's nice, but I'm a sucker for massive shields, and it feels more like power armor - maybe better for another style of armor than "living plated angel".

It's like in relationships: it's not your shield, it's me :)
Passionario
Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:42 am

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

fuzzygeek wrote:I find it very hard to believe they'll add T3 back in.


I think they'll add T3 replicas - same graphics, different names, minimal stats.
fuzzygeek
Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:43 am

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Passionario wrote:I think they'll add T3 replicas - same graphics, different names, minimal stats.


That would be interesting. I've always regretted never getting my warrior his full T3 set.
Nikachelle
Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:44 am

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

fuzzygeek wrote:
Passionario wrote:I think they'll add T3 replicas - same graphics, different names, minimal stats.


That would be interesting. I've always regretted never getting my warrior his full T3 set.

I've got a guildie who has a hunter T3 token sitting in his bank. He can't bring himself to part with it, but obviously he can't turn it in anywhere. Poor guy.
Flex
Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:45 am

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

fuzzygeek wrote:
Passionario wrote:I think they'll add T3 replicas - same graphics, different names, minimal stats.


That would be interesting. I've always regretted never getting my warrior his full T3 set.


Blue post pretty much confirmed the replicas from the new Faire are just that. Skins with bare minimal stats designed for Transmogrifying.