I took a girl out for a first date last night, and pretty much fucked it up. It's not that I offended her, or that she hates me now or anything. I just know that i made a "non-impression". In other words, I didn't do anything to make myself ugly, I just was... dull. Really, I didn't realize it until afterwards, but i wasn't exciting at all. I was totally demur and just not that interesting. I mean sure, we talked about a lot of different things and all, but I could tell at the end of the night that she could really care less if I ever asked her out again. Not that she would mind hanging out with me, but I gaurantee she didn't walk into her house and say "omg, i hope he calls me tomorrow!"
so anyways, without rambling on any further, here's the question. I've been mulling over calling her, or going by her work (she's a waitress at my old job) and saying something like
"hey, I been thinking about last night and I want to say 4 things (all of these are true btw). 1, you looked fantastic last night. Maybe you didn't think it was any big thing, but I thought you looked sexy, but tastefully so. 2, you smelled great. again. I don't know what perfume or spray or whatever that was you were wearing, but it's fucking intoxicating. 3, I enjoyed your company. I liked getting to know some of the things you are interested in and learning i wasn't the only one who's been through(Insert big, bad ordeal both she and i have experienced.) Forthly, that was, without doubt, the Worst date I have ever been on. And it was in no way you're fault. I'm really sorry. I been thinking about it since last night and I really fucked that up. I don't know why, but i know I'm far more interesting and enjoyable to be around. Didn't help that the movie sucked, but I promise you next time it'll be a lot better and I won't be so stiff."
so, ladies, if I go by and talk to her and say that, will it just make things worse? Should I just wait a week or two for my mood or whatever to swing back the right way, or should I admit that it was a bad night and apologize. (ok, not bad, but dull, not good.)
Igrado
Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:22 pm










