Skip to content
Maintankadin

About those new covers on those TPS reports....

Lewyn
Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:24 pm

About those new covers on those TPS reports....

I'm kind of new to Paladin tanking having rerolled from my warrior to this several months ago. I'm gearing out relatively quickly due to my Kara clearing guild but....

What's a good number to shoot for to tank Kara and Heroics?
Worldie
Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:31 pm
More than your DPS.

600-700ish should be ok for a neo-70 raid. You might want to get to 800+ later.
_________________

Smartos
Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:46 pm
Well, I think that you should be able to do ~500 singletarget-tps in Karazhan and heroics because most DPS-classes won't be able to do more TPS when they have blessing of salvation.
Many DPS on this level are even worse, I still remember the hunter who didn't pass 100 DPS at Attumen Shocked Some time later, he rerolled a horde mage, don't know whether he has learned to play by now ...
_________________
Pizbit
Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:08 pm
buahahhahaa not 100 DPS on attumen?
I just pulled 865 dps on the bear boss in ZA with no raid gear on my hunter



Ok ok ok I'll admit it, I was in engineering goggles and 3 LW made epics plus 4 s1 items, 2 badge rewards and a heroic purple plus near hit capped with a feral druid and kings to buff my crit to 35% or so.
_________________
Utena
Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:16 pm
Lol Pizbit...

We clear KZ, and have downed the Bear boss in ZA, with the two highest DPS around ~700, and the middle of the pack around ~600.

The top DPSer is a frost mage in half blues, half KZ/badge rewards, and the second's an S2 arms war.

You shouldn't be seeing DPS in the 400's unless the person is incompetent and /AFK -- as a tankadin, you can get close to 500 DPS...

I'd say my cutoff for DPS is 600 DPS. Any less and they're just slacking and need to L2P/respec.
_________________