Skip to content
Maintankadin

Considering the switch

osgar
Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:18 pm

Considering the switch

So I've tanked all of the 5 mans on normal and most of them on heroic as well. I enjoy tanking a lot and rarely hear negative comments about my tanking at all.

However, I raid as holy spec. But I'm really tired of the 200g/week for respecs, the constant full inventory (4 gear sets), paying for tanking gems AND healing gems, etc...

I'd really like to make the switch to tankadin, however, it's not the best decision. I'm in a guild thats progressing through hyjal atm, and they are very against having a paladin tank any raid content on a consistant basis. Not only that, but we already have players who are wearing gear that would take me months to catch up with.

So what is your opinion? Should I make the switch, go back to a kara progressing/za progressing guild, and become a tank? Or should I stick it out with my current guild?
_________________
Arcand
Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:28 pm
If you do, be really clear about to the new guild about your expectations. If they armory you and see you in all kinds of drool-worthy healing gear, they might start begging you to respec holy whenever they need that extra something to kill Nightbane, or whatever.

(If your gear's decent, you may not have to drop all the way back to a Kara guild, too - sniff around a bit and see if there are any guilds new to 25-mans and getting their first taste of the Tidewalker...)
_________________
Scarlet Crusade - 0/46/15 - Uncrushable at 15.5k
Zhalseran
Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:54 pm
if tanking is what you want to do, then make that absolutely clear to your guild. Everyone should have the right to play the spec that they enjoy. You just have to decide how important doing so is to you. That is to say, if your willing to perhaps sit out a few raids in order to gear yourself up to their level, or if they won't let you tank even if your ready to make that commitment, perhaps even find a new guild that will.
_________________