Skip to content
Maintankadin

"The Guardian" :: by Joanadark

Igrado
Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:48 am

"The Guardian" :: by Joanadark

The following short story was written by Joanadark and was hosted in his blog here on Tankspot on August 11th, 2007; however, as I know not all our members visit that site, and as I felt this was a story many Tankadins would enjoy, I am (with his permission) reposting it in it's entirety here.

(Minor formatting changes have been applied.)
Mortehl
Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:50 am
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

That has been part of my sig on my guild forums since I first saw it.
_________________
Igrado
Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:08 am
Look to the shield Son, for no shield held in courage ever returned from battle undented. No man who stands for his truths will never find need to fight.

That is actually my personal favorite excerpt from this short story.
Nymeros
Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:15 am
Awesome. Smile
_________________
Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.
If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?
Suikano
Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:28 am
Please don't take this the wrong way, but I wasn't expecting much.

I thoroughly enjoyed that and the message it carried.
_________________
Thax
Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:54 am
Nicely written.
_________________
Yes, a Paladin can easily be the guy that gets put in front of something ugly and told to break the bad guy's equipment with his face before the bad guy breaks his face with his equipment. ~Lore