Skip to content
Maintankadin

Anyone on area 52?

Bentfork
Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:54 pm

Anyone on area 52?

I am rerolling to the horde side for hopes of less drama and people working together more. lol Was just wondering if there was anyone else on this server here and recommendations of a raiding guild once I hit 70 in about 4-5 weeks.

From what I have seen so far, it looks like a good server. People actually help each other out, and only seen a few people in trade channel that need to be added to ignore, unlike about half my old server. lol and I am loving being on the side of the enemy=p
_________________
- the Fork
Odius
Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:15 pm
From what I've heard there is quite a large horde population on Area 52. I know when tBC came out alot of the Horde transferred over from Stromrage.
_________________
Bentfork
Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:18 pm
I know it is a large server and there are often que's to login, but was wondering how the guilds were, pally tanks are accepted, etc. This is my 1st time rolling horde and so far at lvl 27 i seem to like the horde much better. People are helpful and that sort of thing instead of, OMG you don't know where that quest is done at? noob. thats kinda the attitude i am use to from my old server alliance side.

Also wonding if the majority of people only care about loot and how good their armory profile look instead of working on raid progression. lol Basicly I am so sick of the greedy people that act like they are in knidergarden that either this works out, or i quit wow, a game I love and being a prot pally. I am also giving up on a lot of gear on my alliance toon(see armory) in hopes of this working out rerolling.
_________________
- the Fork
Annabelle
Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:08 am
I'd go to bosskillers.com and check the boss progression and look for a guild at the level of gear you will be. I know conclave of sin xfered from stormrage and have been around for something suggesting a good guild. I'll ask a guildie that has a troll rogue about this and get back to you. I don't interact much with horde other than laugh to myself when they spit on me over and over....am I supposed to get offended by an emote and want to dual you adn get smooshed because I susck at PvP ? Razz
_________________


Nothing is foolproof for a sufficiently skilled fool.
stalkerzero
Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:18 pm
I play on area 52 with my Paladin. Horde side is good. Lots of great people. Lots of guilds from casual to SSC/TK and a few in BT/Hyjal.

Problem with Area 52 is....for every 1 healing or Ret Paladin there are 900 tankadins.

Seriously.

My guild has 9 Paladins.
One of them Holy.
Zero Retribution.

What I'm hoping is by spending the time/gold pre-raiding I will stand out among the 90 billion others by showing I'm willing to put forth whatever effort I have to be successful.

If you do reroll look me up (Innate is the name). I can help you level a bit maybe.
_________________
Cimzar
Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:04 am
I am in Nidhogg, and Tiandelin that posts on here is in Monolith. There are also a few other noteworthy prot pallies, and the server as a whole is VERY receptive to paladin tanks.

Vicarious has downed Illidan, and some of the noteworthy guilds would be Conclave of Sin, Nidhogg (we just downed Vashj and working on KT, and they actively recruited me as a pally tank), Monolith (though I got a lot of pressure to go holy with them...), Water Sleeps, and Gnomish Tea Party. E Pluribus Unum (EPU) is quite far in progression too, but I really don't know anyone in that guild.

Be aware that any guild with high progression will require you to be similarly geared, though, so you might want to set your sights for some of the more casual guilds until you can work up your gear.

The server as a whole, though a little heavy in population, is outstanding for PVE horde guilds. Very good progression, and a (relatively) high maturity level from my experience. Like Stalkerzero said, though, with high acceptance of pally tanks means you will not be handed a tanking spot without proving yourself... there are a high population of tankadins to fight with.
_________________
<3 Bram

The enemy outnumber us a paltry three to one, good odds for any Paladin!