Skip to content
Maintankadin

Weekend successes

Dunkan
Sun May 20, 2007 4:30 pm

Weekend successes

Howdy folks

Ventured into Steam Vaults for the first time this weekend (I am level 69). Did two runs. Slowly gearing up and successfully cleared both times. I would say it is markedly harder than previous runs to lower end instances.

And I got crushed twice! Sad By Warlord Kalithresh. Both times it was when HS was not up - my fault. I was busy telling everyone to target the tanks before he completed channeling.

Either way, I was very happing and now have Devilshark Cape and Breastplate of the Righteous - although I cannot use them for a couple of days!

Here is my profile: http://armory.wow-europe.com/?#character-sheet.xml?r=Aggramar&n=Dunkan

Also in my kitbag is Thatia's Self-Correcting Gauntlets, Felsteel Gauntlets and Felsteel Helm. I like to think I am on track...

Could I ask for some feedback on my spec? It will be changing after the patch, however I would like to point out my use of Improved Hammer of Justice. To be able to take mobs out of action during a crowd pull to me is more important than precision. Thoughts?

Dunk
Lore
Sun May 20, 2007 5:12 pm
No 5-man oriented build should be without imp HoJ, imo. It's just too useful for those times when your taunt is down and the mobs are on your healers.
_________________
Me, LOL!
Everlight
Sun May 20, 2007 6:19 pm
I don't have Imp HoJ. I usually find whenever I need it, it's either ready for use or I only just used it - in either circumstance, Imp HoJ wouldn't have made any difference.

Also, I've just started carrying around a Gnomish Poultryizer for the +45 stamina - that thing is surprisingly handy to knock out something that's running at a healer until you can deal with it Smile
_________________
Zen Tanking - http://zentanking.blogspot.com
Arcand
Sun May 20, 2007 11:07 pm
Well, the Curator still owns us. Sad High point of my weekend was that I can take the asterisk off Romulo.
_________________
Scarlet Crusade - 0/49/12 - Uncrushable at 13.1k
Gruul the Dragonkiller attacks. You block.
Dunkan
Sun May 20, 2007 11:09 pm
Well, I am an engineer too. Thought about adding a polutrizer (once I level engineering).

I understand that the backfire % is being reduced after the patch. More useful then, perhaps...

Looking forward to the Tankatronic goggles too!

The most amazing thing about this fight was that, for the first time, I was being healed so much by the main healer (a pally), supported via vampiric embrace from a shadow specced priest, that I almost never ran out of mana.

Jeez, that patch has some plusses and minusses...

Dunk
Strom
Mon May 21, 2007 5:04 am
We defeated the Curator and the Chess Event (I know big whoop). Curator is cake to tank. I almost feel bad since everyone else is working sooo hard on the fight and I am like a cheerleader LOL.

Anyway, where should I go after Curator? Illhoof? Aran? Netherspite? doesnt matter?
_________________
Dorvan
Mon May 21, 2007 8:09 am
This was a good week.

Harbinger Skyriss finally dropped my tanking ring, and I got my tier 4 helm off of Prince! I also killed Netherspite for the first time (not a guild-first, but my group hadn't done it before). Still haven't tanked Prince yet, but I'm hoping to talk my guild into that after 2.1 hits, I don't really begrudge that as I run with an excellent Warrior who also does just fine Smile
Alixander
Mon May 21, 2007 8:15 am
While hardly a huge success, I managed to get my Sha'tari Vindicator's Waistband, Strength of the Untamed, and Helm of the Righteous this weekend. Very Happy
_________________


My Blog: http://kazielmmo.blogspot.com/
Jensaarai
Mon May 21, 2007 8:33 am
We one-shot prince and with two shamans (resto/enh) I had over 19k armor and 30% dodge prince phase 2 ^_^ it was incredibly easy. I got my T4 helm Smile so this week I'll have even more HP/dodge. Good times.
_________________
Torakka
Mon May 21, 2007 8:49 am
I got to tank Kazzak. At first try he hitted me 3 times during 1 second period doing something like 18k damage total (non-Crushes as they all we're partly blocked). Never seen that kind of "one-shot" damage string from him. Then I fucked up second try as I ran out of LoS, but 3rd was pretty much flawless kill.

EDIT: I also made my personal health record, ~20.5k, then: PW:F, GotW, BP, CS, BoK, Flask, +20 stm food, rum, elixir of mastery and Nightmare Seed.
_________________
Everlight
Mon May 21, 2007 7:46 pm
Not quite on the weekend, but my guild does Kara on Sunday and Monday nights. Close enough.

On most of our Maiden attempts, I've gone dispeller instead of tank because we're lacking dispellers. This week we put me as the tank, with our Warlocks on dispel duty with Felhunters.

Maiden went down. Third try, though the second didn't really count - someone got too close and aggroed her.

Picked up Iron Gauntlets of the Maiden too Smile
_________________
Zen Tanking - http://zentanking.blogspot.com