Skip to content
Maintankadin

Best alt for tankadin?

kalbear
Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:53 am

Best alt for tankadin?

I'm going to be making another character to play while my wife levels her mage. I'm curious what other tankadins have had fun with playing. I'm very tempted by either a shaman or a druid; both can heal and do good DPS as needed. A spriest might be interesting too. However, I don't know how well the playstyles mesh. Any recommendations or suggestions?

Thanks!
Nicos
Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:57 am
One of the first characters I made when getting back into WoW with BC was a Shaman. They are fun, no matter the spec... I tried elemental, enhance and resto and they all seemed like I was cheating at the game.

In fact, I may make another one. o_O
_________________

Nidal
Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:17 pm
Hmm, well I've found trying to level a Shammy painful at best. I have two lowbies that I just haven't been able to get going because I end up dreading how difficult it seems to complete the same quests that I do easily with other alts like my Druid, Hunter, Mage and Warlock.

If you want an easy grind go Hunter or Warlock, that's when I feel like I've enabled 'ez mode'. You'll find you don't even need to replace your lvl 5 white gear till your upper teens into lower 20's. They are that easy.

My favorite alt though is my Moonkin, tears through pve content fairly well and is a blast in pvp. The dance is a bit OP though so you'll have to deal with all the QQ about that Very Happy

Haven't gotten into my Mage or Priest either because they just aren't as interesting as the Druid or the pet classes.
_________________
http://wowoffspec.blogspot.com/
Elennira
Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:45 pm
ordinarily i'd recommend a grinding class....but....pally aoers XD

mages and locks are fun, too, mages especially if you're lvling with someone, free food and water ftw
_________________
Ana
Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:57 pm
Man I have tried to level all classes except a shaman. I find them all painfully boring, except Warlock, but that may just be that I find grinding painfully boring. I could potentially play any class in the game if I have someone to grind with... maybe I'll try a moonkin as well.
_________________
Invisusira
Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:52 pm
A lot of mages I know (myself included) have paladin alts (well, not really an alt for me anymore)... perhaps vice is also versa?
_________________
armory | youtube | stuff
Elennira
Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:55 pm
it does happen, my main alt is a mage now i've given up on my feral drood 'cause my pally tanks now XD
_________________
Fedaykin98
Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:14 pm
Hunters are definitely fun and easy. My highest alt is a 35 Enhance Shaman, although...dare I say this...I see some value in having a character that cannot, no matter what, tank or heal. The reason is that tanks are often in high demand to run instances for their guilds, as are healers, and sometimes you need a vacation. That's what an alt is for, and I'd suggest an alt that will never be asked to tank or heal, ala hunter/mage/warlock/rogue.

That said, I'm not following this idea myself.
_________________
Comma
Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:34 pm
Since your main is a paladin, you can experience tanking, healing as well as melee dps, though as a ret paly, its really hard to find a 5 man group. So I believe your first alt should roll a class that can play as a caster: mage, warlock, druid, shaman, priest, or a hunter which is a ranged dps as well.

But your gf has a mage, i guess you can experience caster dps by playing her character. ;o If so, I say hunter is your best choice, if you want to have some orginal melee dps experience, roll rogue, easier to find a 5 man group compare to dps warrior.

If you want to experience wow as much as you can within 2 characters, roll druid, or shaman, all hyprid class.

For myself, I have mage, lock, paladin, shaman, priest, and a on the way to 70 rogue. Razz have lv60 warrior, hunter and druid too, but on other server/account.
_________________
Warrender
Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:39 pm
I'm the wrong person to ask. My answer would be all of the above. Very Happy
_________________
Lakirby
Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:52 pm
I'm loving my shadow priest tbh Smile

(ignore the sig, it hasn't updated to reflect the fact she dinged 60 today)
_________________

Caelia
Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:04 pm
well, my main was a shadow priest, then i made an alt prot pally. Now my main is a prot pally and my alt is a shadow priest, im rolling a rogue right now and i enjoy it alot.
_________________

Romie
Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:34 pm
locks are fun to play and can be very efficient. i started a rogue alt or that seams very fun atm too. feral druid seams like it could be fun too.
_________________