Thanks again for everyone who participated in the screenshot contest. There were MANY amazing shots, and for a couple of days I was literally stuck and could not pick a winner. So I got friends together to get their initial reactions when I "flashed" the images to their face, and in the end... there stood one.
First of all, let's look at the runner ups!
THE RUNNER UPS
KHEPERA:
I loved this one from Khepera. You take one look at it and it says boldly "THIS IS A PALADIN". The composition and colors - all work well together. Nice job!
PALAFIX:
Then there was this one from Palafix. This one looked almost angelic! Really like the contrasting colors of her armor and effects vs. the shadowy background.
INVISURA:
Was there any doubt that Invisura's would make it into at least the top 3 or 2? This one of her paladin staring across the gates of the abyss - all so dramatic and even epic. It was my favorite for a while, but alas, there was one that was just too good to pass up.
And now for the winner...
.
.
.
.
.
.
Drum Roll
.
.
.
.
.
.
MITHOS
Congratulations Mithos!
And now I'll tell you why he won. When I look at the other runner ups, I think: "Nice! That's a great shot of a Paladin from World of Warcraft."
But when I look at Mithos's picture, I think "Wow. That is a great shot. Period." That image of a warrior in full regalia, with his weapon shining through the already vibrant flames was just too cool. It looks like he stepped into hell, kicked ass, took some names, and then calmly walked away daring anyone and anything to try and touch him. To me, THAT'S what makes a great screenshot, when it can tell you an entire story with just one look.
So once again, congrats to Mithos and thanks to everyone who participated! I'll post up Mithos's picture back in these forums when it's done.
(Mithos - please contact me via my contact link on www.Wyndforge.com to schedule your shoot)
Cheers!
Wynd








