Skip to content
Maintankadin

BOK should be trainable

protonly
Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:36 am

BOK should be trainable

I'm curious if anyone has heard/read of anything regarding the possibility of BOK becoming trainable instead of wasting a talent point (or 11 points for not tank builds). I certainly haven't but am just curious Smile

When I spec for tanking, I don't put the point into BOK (another pally always has it) and its almost funny when people find out I don't have it. When I spec holy, I dump the remaining points into ret so I can "kill something today" and b/c it makes for some fun arenas.

I'm just curious if any others purposely don't get BOK. This whole question line came up while I was looking at the specs on this forums, particurarly the MT one b/c I had never seen a pally spec not have BOK before that was deep into prot.

It's a great buff, the second best one we have but I don't feel it should take a talent point (or make it at least top level so non-prot pallys aren't gimped by the 11 points).
Frickit
Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:47 pm
i tried without it so i could get 3/3PoJ and I like not having it. I just used sanc on me and whatever on everyone else. The reason i dropped one from PoJ to get Kings back is for one to impress ppl with my stamina because they are stupid and easily impressed by unimportant things. I will lose it again eventually when im more consistently with other pallys who have it. My ret friend has it so 90% of the time I dont need to have it.

should absolutely be trainable Very Happy
_________________
Sparti
Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:23 pm
"BoK should be trainable". What is this, the official forums?

That said, it aboslutely shouldn't. BOK is currently one of the best buffs in the entire game. You know what they'll do if it's trainable? They'll nerf it. Look at what they did to fear ward. BoK is a one point talent investment, barely in the tree. Every raid will have a paladin with BoK, prot or no - Holy seem to pick it up as a matter of course. If you want to talk about things that should be trainable, maybe base rank Holy Shiled or BoSanc.
_________________
Darklordkatt
Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:52 pm
I don't think it would matter if it was trainable or not a vast majority of pallies spec to get it anyway.
_________________
70 Prot Pally
Muahahaha 70 Warlock
Kalishnakov 54 Hunter
Norrath
Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:12 pm
BoK and BoSanc are currently the only two Blessings that are trainable -- and the usefulness of BoSanc is questionable at best.

BoK is the single-strongest Blessing there is; I certainly don't mind it not being trainable. Any PvE build can get it -- it's one measly point 10 points deep in the Protection tree. 50/11 is the cookie-cutter healing build. 5/11/45 is easily one of the best Retribution builds.

There's no reason to make it trainable... except maybe for PvP Retribution paladins, and even then, you can make a case for it.
_________________
Earthen Ring-EU:
Norrath, 70 HU Warrior (retired)
Shaleen, 67 HU Paladin (retired)
Ravenholdt-EU:
Threkk, 40 OR Warrior
Kaelie
Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:49 am
Why would they nerf it if almost everyone already has it? Most builds don't even sacrifice much to grab it.
_________________

Leidus
Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:53 am
They didn't nerf Innervate when they moved it off being the 31 point resto talent, and Kings is only an 11 point talent.
_________________
Exodius
Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:11 am
The problem is for retribution paladins the first teir of prot is near useless to them. They would almost always use Sanctity aura and a 2 hander. So it's at least 5 points wasted for them.

BoK scales something fierce as your gear gets better. I have no where near an ultimate set and BoK gives me 1k of free health, regardless of all the other bonuses it gives. That's plain huge, and even better than improved fort from a priest.

There is no denying the prot tree is too fat. I would much rather see AD become a 3 point talent than have kings nerfed and made free. There are plenty of other slim line options out there, that's probably the easiest one without overpowering everything.

If they swapped BoK with BoSanc though, that sure would be funny. The rioting from the holy paladins would likely be enough to wipe out half of humanity. Razz
_________________

Gideon
Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:15 am
There is precedent. They moved consecrate from eleven point Holy to baseline after they realised how useful it was for every spec.

I prefer the idea of swapping BoSanct and BoK in the prot tree though. Allows me to dump that sanctity trash while greatly increasing the appeal of tankadins. I often moan about how good the attack speed reduction on thunderclap is. Maybe I'd whine less if I was the only guy who could buff the raid's stats by 10%.