Skip to content
Maintankadin

I feel dirty...

Lanicus
Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:13 pm

I feel dirty...

So I went holy because a PUG Kara group asked if I could help heal....and I liked it. It was such a welcome break from tanking. I promptly joined AV afterwards and my god, the number of HKs and the amount of honor I got from healing was ungodly.

I'm considering staying holy for a while...and I feel so wrong about it. I even got invited to ZA as holy.

I worked so hard to get good pre-Kara tank gear and now I feel like I'm throwing it away. I feel so dirty.

Next step? Full S1 healing gear....please someone, stop me.

(P.S. - Before you ask, there's no point to this thread other than me sharing)

Very Happy
_________________
Norrath
Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:49 pm
Nothing wrong with Holy. Wink I'm levelling mine as Holy through instances, despite planning on going Prot at 70. I just don't want to deal with the hassle of tanking for pugs.
_________________
Earthen Ring-EU:
Norrath, 70 HU Warrior (retired)
Shaleen, 67 HU Paladin (retired)
Ravenholdt-EU:
Threkk, 40 OR Warrior
iliya
Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:52 am
If it makes you feel any better, I somewhat despise you for getting honor in AV since I've the bad fortune of being in the Bloodlust group, but at the same time, earlier tonight, my guildies and I ran a WSG group and won 9 out of 11. The two losses were to superior geared and skilled premades.
_________________
Lightbeard
Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:01 am
Iliya I just noticed you were from Vek
_________________

Exodius
Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:02 am
It's not just Bloodlust that boycotts.

I'm on Stormstrike battle group in the US, and the alliance have basically abandoned AV. Last time I was there on my priest I nearly threw up, it was just that awful. Crying or Very sad

I've heard of teams of 20-30 alliance sticky quing AV and working together... and still getting smashed by a horde PUG. It's just plain terrible. Sad
_________________

Worldie
Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:44 am
There's nothing wrong in liking being Holy.

Paladins don't have only one role, if you find out you prefer healing there's nothing wrong in that, as long as you don't start expecting that every paladin you see should be holy.
_________________

QuantumDelta
Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:49 am
I love healing as Holy.
I love DPSing as Ret.
I love Tanking as Prot.

I R PALLDIN!?

Seriously though, all three specs are quite viable and quite enjoyable.
..Though only holy in the arena still!