Skip to content
Maintankadin

This may sound stupid but...

Snake-Aes
Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:02 am

This may sound stupid but...

I'm scared of tanking for my guildies.
No, really, they're good, very good. They stand for what the guild means, and we steamroll anything with ease, and progression content is usually beat in a matter of 3 or 4 tries at best.
And it scares me. They're too good. I don't know how much of a good job I may be doing, and just being nervous makes the whole thing so much harder >.>
Ask any guildie about my performance if I make a bad fumble, it only goes down Neutral
_________________
Claydon
Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:10 am
Come tank for my guild, most of them can't click on a cube at the right time.
_________________
Exodius
Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:37 am
I joined a new guild (new for me) about a month or so ago.

Since that time I have tanked for them... about 4 times I think. Mainly due to the Christmas and new year period.

I know how to run heroics, and run heroics well. In a 5 man there is not much I can't handle.

But I really struggle with raid tanking. I'm still trying to work out how to off tank, when to taunt, when to heal, what rotations to use to conserve mana, when to just tank anyway...

And I do get nervous. It just feels like there are 9-24 other people who are judging what I do and when I make a mistake, even if it's an honest one or a simple one, I always feel bad and it always effects my preformance. My rotations get worse and I miss even more things. Sad

Yeah, although the situation might be different to yours Snake-Aes, I think it might be similar. Sad
_________________

Maranus
Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:45 am
Kara geared DPS isn't that intense, just have to watch out for clothies maxed in the T5 equiv craftables...
_________________

You know you want it! Ooorah /dance
Elennira
Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:14 am
just remember....its NEVER your fault

if you die, the healing wasnt good enough
if you lose aggro, the dps is running too high
if you go oom, the boss is hitting like a sissy

you're a paladin, sure, but do you -think- like a tank yet? =P
_________________