Skip to content
Maintankadin

Tanking MC

Tahl
Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:29 pm

Tanking MC

So this is probably a goofy question...

My guild is running Molten Core next weekend for fun and I'm MT. I'm in Kara and badge reward epics with 16k hp/ 17k armor/ 53% pure avoidance self-buffed. We've got about 15 mid-Kara-level guildies coming in blues+epics.

Do I need to worry about fire resistance gear or just go in my usual tanking gear? Fire Res Aura (70), Flask of Chromatic Resistance (35), and chain-chugging Magic Resistance pots (50) gives me 155 fire resist without swapping gear.

I've never been there before, and I'll also probably be the only tank, so I wanted to make sure I'm prepared.

Thoughts? Am I overthinking this? (After all, those guys in T6 gear did 3-man it Laughing )
Devilheals
Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:21 pm
You wont need any
_________________
Kaelie
Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:20 am
I've raided MC as a fire mage at 70. Resistances, yours or theirs, really don't matter when you outgear and outlevel it that much.
_________________

Invisusira
Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:26 am
Shaz you'll want a warrior or druid to tank. His spell resistance makes him neigh impossible for us to tank.

Ragnaros was weird for me when I tanked him, I couldn't ever get very much threat on him either. Not sure why, maybe I was just Bad back then.
_________________
armory | youtube | stuff
Worldie
Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:35 am
You won't need any resistance for that.

Bring tons of mana pots, mobs and bosses hit for basically nothing so you will be running oom VERY quickly.
_________________