Skip to content
Maintankadin

Otherclassadin Sites?

Aedan
Fri May 02, 2008 11:12 am

Otherclassadin Sites?

So, I've basically been raving about this here forum to all the people in my guild, and frankly my fiancee's sick of hearing about it, but I think that's just my job as a good tankadin.

Quite honestly, the gear section especially has helped me out enormously in prepping to actual go and do some raiding. I'm running into the issue, however, where the other people in the guild are either transfers who've done up to BT, and so are just screwing around till everyone else gets on board, or people who aren't sure how to gear/spec for the role they want. As I don't have to worry about the former, I've been trying to help the latter by getting together links to places where they can learn strats and gear lists to help them out. I'm not looking to hold anyone's hand to the extent where I tell them what to do, but at the same time, I have no patience for just about anything and will do that if left to my own devices, so I want to at least point people in the right direction.

Wall of text out of the way, here's the question. Does anyone know of similar sites for other classes/specs? I've tried places like wowwiki, which had a decent gear list for our prot warrior, and that ridiculous list that broke down every piece of gear a feral druid could possibly wear in TBC and ranked them, which got my fiancee geared. I'm mostly at a loss as to where I should point the dps classes - I find that tanks and healers have some good guides/resources, but I'll be damned if I've seen a single list for a mage or enhance shammy.

And hey, if I'm not the only one in this situation, maybe this will help others out too.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overall:
http://be.imba.hu/
http://elitistjerks.com/f31/

Druid
Boomkin: http://elitistjerks.com/f47/t21687-druid_balance/
Feral: http://www.emmerald.net/index.html
Feral (Bear): www.tankspot.com
Resto: http://www.lightnatured.com/forum
http://druid.wikispaces.com/
http://www.codeplex.com/Rawr/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=12354
http://thedruidsgrove.org/wow/

Hunter
http://www.tkasomething.com/
http://www.bigredkitty.net/
http://www.friendshatingfriends.net/ajp/sgsp/

Mage
http://www.manoutoftime.org/staticpages/index.php/tcom

Paladin
Prot: www.tankspot.com
Ret: http://cromfel.battlefield.fi/
Ret: http://retpaladin.com/
Holy: http://www.lightnatured.com/forum

Priest
Holy: http://www.lightnatured.com/forum
Shadow: http://www.shadowpriest.com/

Rogue
http://www.shadowpanther.net/
http://www.roguespot.com/

Shaman
Resto: http://www.lightnatured.com/forum
Enhance: http://elitistjerks.com/f47/t20765-shaman_enhancement/

Warlock
http://elitistjerks.com/f31/t17008-warlock_pve_raiding_compendium/
http://wowmb.net/

Warrior:
Prot: www.tankspot.com (Apparently good for Fury & Arms too)
_________________

Zodijackyl - Caelestrasz
Aedan
Fri May 02, 2008 11:24 am
EDIT: I'm just gonna update my original post with the sites.

Forgot to put http://www.emmerald.net/index.html in my original post, for feral druids.
_________________

Zodijackyl - Caelestrasz
Dorvan
Fri May 02, 2008 11:32 am
http://cromfel.battlefield.fi/ for Ret paladins

Perhaps too obvious, but Elitist Jerks has very good theorycrafting for most specs.
_________________


WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Catriona
Fri May 02, 2008 11:40 am
www.lightnatured.com/forum for healers of all flavours.
_________________
Stonemaul
Catriona - holy priest / Chivalry - prot paladin / Spirallis - marks hunter / Daiya - destro lock
Aedan
Fri May 02, 2008 11:44 am
Well this certainly makes me feel dumb for not being able to find these myself, but thanks to everyone Smile

I've updated the original post again. I'm thinking perhaps making the EJ site just an overarching one, or if I can get a solid link to each spec, I'll throw that up.
_________________

Zodijackyl - Caelestrasz
Catriona
Fri May 02, 2008 11:46 am
I'm really curious now about mage sites. I did a cursory search and didn't find anything, but then I can't go on the WoW forums (a big F U to NMCI) to see if maybe someone did the same as they did for Lightnatured, and posted it there.

I'm gonna keep looking for you though, now that you have me interested. ^_^
_________________
Stonemaul
Catriona - holy priest / Chivalry - prot paladin / Spirallis - marks hunter / Daiya - destro lock
Aedan
Fri May 02, 2008 11:52 am
Yeah, I've found at least something (if only just EJ - not to downplay their contributions) for most class/spec combos, but it's as though there is nothing out there for mages. I just don't understand it.

Same issue with being at work here.
_________________

Zodijackyl - Caelestrasz
Tzuma
Fri May 02, 2008 1:10 pm
Had a conversation about the mage forum thing the other day with a mage friend. He decided mages are sneaky - theyve managed to give the 'big dumb hit stuff' stereo type to warriors, but the personality type is really for mages. They dont read, they just blow shit up. I lol'd.

That said, thanks for asking about this. Ive been looking for a healer forum thats not locked at work for some time with no luck. While I thank you, my boss im sure would loathe you.

<3
Ziplach
Fri May 02, 2008 3:42 pm
Does anyone know any good sites for Moonkin druids?
_________________
Chevalier
Fri May 02, 2008 3:57 pm
Great thread. Sticky imo.
Vesper
Fri May 02, 2008 4:33 pm
http://druid.wikispaces.com/ is another nice druid site, particularly for its close roots to Rawr (which now has basic models for mages, moonkins, ret pallies, ferals).

www.maxdps.com isn't horrible for general gearing.