Skip to content
Maintankadin

Brutallus

Mithos
Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:16 pm
I agree with what Splug said earlier: Use your best normal tanking gear, as long as it has a good balance in the first place, just minmax everything you can.

I ran with 22.7k buffed HP (no imp), 28.8% unbuffed dodge, 18.8% unbuffed parry, 17% unbuffed block, 539 def unbuffed hence 12.56% miss, 447 unbuffed BV, and about 19k unbuffed AC. Provided you give sufficient time to switch the healing over to you on taunts, and pop +HP things during stomps (switch to a tank weapon as well), you should survive. Ofc, there is luck element, no amount of healers can heal 30k dmg. I had a nice grim reaper of me the other day eating about 25k dmg in 0.08 seconds (yeah 0.0Cool from 4 hits, OH stomp MH OH, in some kind of freak parry incident I assume, just gotta live with it and try again Neutral.

I can't say I recommend a shaman in the group (just a random comment) as I had so many freaking buffs that my flask and some other important buffs were removed. Even my scrolls get removed after 2 minutes or so, after using them 1 minute into combat...
_________________

Morganim
Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:22 pm
We started this guys last night (70%ish)
We're just trying to get the positioning right atm, officers want to try the semi-circle around the tank strat with burn victims running to a certain area, not sure how its gonna work the spread out vids ive seen seem to work a bit better.


Just curiious for those pallies taht where ret for this

haste potions or insane strength potions (im belf). I was thinking haste, but im just not taht sure when it comes to ret stuff
_________________
Oramac
Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:44 am
so we have 2 really good warriors that are probly gonna be tanking brut for us Sad i'm likely going to be respeccing ret for the fight. anyone have any tips besides chug haste pots and demonslaying elixirs?

thanks! (even though it is kinda off topic)
_________________
Chorus
Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:22 am
Finally killed this consumable black hole last night. Some tidbits I hope will help you others still working on the fight.


- We ended up having me start the fight so I could get full use of my Avenging Wrath time plus a risk free Avenger's Shield on the pull.

- The positioning that worked for us was something like this


Where brown dots are the tanks, yellow are melee. The other tank and I lined up in a straight line with Brutallus so the Misdirect would place him perfectly between us.

- You can avoid healing through the first two stomps, and an additional one or two more later into the fight. The beginning of the fight looks like: Misdirect, Slash1, Slash2, Stomp, taunt, Slash1, Slash2, Stomp, taunt, then it is back to taunting after 3 slashes occur.

- Avoid taunting right around the time he selects a target for Burn. There is a segment late in the fight where timers line up in an awful way.

I hope someone finds this helpful.
_________________
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bleeding+Hollow&n=Chorus
Chorus <Dissension>, 70 Paladin of Bleeding Hollow
Praetorae
Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:53 am
Having MT'ed this fight a few times now I thought I would share one thing regarding the pull that while not game breaking - did remove a little bit of risk.

When Brut comes charging along for you - I found it reasonably hard to time the avengers shield - it would work, but I was worried about him reaching me and getting in an unmitigated hit while I was still casting.

So, I started using Holy Wrath. Since you don't need to target anything to start casting this spell you can start the cast while Brut is still technically out of range and just time it right so that he is within 20 yrds when the spell finishes casting.

Gives the same sort of threat boost as AS, but without having to wait for Brut to be in 30 yrds to start casting.

Hope someone find this useful...


Time to go grind more Ironshields
Mithos
Fri May 02, 2008 7:09 am
I had no problem on every single sttempt except one pulling off a successful frizbee/exorcism/regular threat cycle as soon as I could. I usually have 200-220 ms and about 20 FPS, 15 whilst fighting.
_________________