Now that the healing is sorted on brut, I never die due to horrendous burst damage. With Scroll of Prot V and Ironshield, and the frequent MH ring proc/Inspiration, the 4% difference quickly becomes obsolete. Our warrior tank is not crap by any means, he outputs very sick threat in Sunwell as he should be, but except for last stand/SW on Kalecgos enrages you don't really notice too much difference survival wise. I even got more HP than him buffed due to the ridiculous HP scaling difference heh.
With my recent upgrades (T6 chest/bracers) I think that puts me at 19.1k unbuffed AC, with a buffed HP close approaching 24k, with around or just under 26k with a Nightmare Seed/SM Insignia use (seperately) used on each stomp. That ensures reliable survivability during stomp which is what matters (on top of threat/general survivability ofc). On paper we reduce the least damage, but as Lore said, 4% more dmg inc is just 4% less overhealing (modulo some decimals) as healing incoming is not changing regardless, and insane burst damage is still insane burst damage.
It is also true that you do not *need* the insane extra threat a pally can bring (Brut), as a warrior can produce more than enough without a shaman. But with shield block being eaten basically instantly every 5 seconds, and redoubt/holy shield/BV Libram combo producing a ridiculous amount of blocked attacks for a good amount it soon adds up to equal or better damage reduction.
Checking the WWS's for our decent Brut attempts, I have concluded the following:
Holy shield is always my highest damage ability (and so is highest threat by a LOT);
Mine and the warrior tanks max hit received were always about the same (10.5k-11.7k);
Even though I have about 17% block default and the warrior I can only imagine has at least 21% or so (complete guess, he's wearing 4/5 T6 (inc helm, no faceplates)), I am blocking between 46 and 49% of all attacks (this is with skipping Holy Shield for a second or 2 to make a more efficient threat cycle too) and he about 44-47%;
From partial blocks, I typically mitigate 2% more damage than him (and so overall), around 6.7-7.6% vs his 4.9-5.5%. This reduce the damage taken gap from 4.444...% to around 2.44...%.
This is not a rigorous statistical anaylsis of our WWS, just some basic observations, but I really don't think it matters who is tanking on him, as long as they can work out how to most effectively and reliably reduce their incoming dmg, and increase their outgoing threat.
_________________



