Skip to content
Maintankadin

Eredar Twins

Worldie
Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:45 pm
Well i don't really see a druid tank possible or at least desiderable, being chaincrushed won't really be good for the health of the healers...
_________________

Worldie
Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:51 pm
According to your WWS, najentus crushed you harder than the twin Wink
_________________

Worldie
Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:59 am
Details, worthless details
_________________

Lore
Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:35 am
Druids have been tanking through crushing blows since Karazhan, it's not really a big deal. A crush on a Druid is significantly less than a crush on a Paladin or Warrior.

We did Paladin+Druid the other night and had our best attempts yet.
_________________
The danger must be growing, for the rowers keep on rowing!
areyla
Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:39 am
Kind of stuck in a situation where I can't access armory/WoW links.

What would you wear over Insignia, fiorina?

I'm trying to achieve 127.4%, or 123-124% since scorpid allows buffer.
I have at the moment: Faceplate, Barbed Choker of Disc., Abyssal Fury Pauldrons, t6 ( glove, chest, wrist), Kalec legs, Mighty Resolve, Slikk's, Tide-Stomper's, Kaz'goral's heart; Commendation/Insignia/Furies Deck.

When I checked my avoidance it was about 117% w/o Block Libram and only 3/5 anticipation. I hope to get a Kael Neck soon, and I was wondering if it were advisable to get T6 shoulders and perhaps an Unbreakable Will w/ spell dmg like you?
Io.Draco
Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:12 am
A important thing to note is that with scorpid sting up from a hunter , and a grace of air from a shaman will give you 8% more avoidance so basicly you need 119.4% to get uncrushable , for me if I switch my hyjal ring with TK one and my comedation with moroes I get uncrushable
_________________
Morganim
Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:38 am
Im trying to get as close to 127.4% based on pure gear alone. I dont think im likely to get GoA (our raid leaders never give tank group shaman no matter how many times we ask we just get dumped with the spare holy paladin >.>)

Atm ive been able to get different values between 119-122%

Atm i have faceplate + 5/8 t6 + bulwark.
I think i will use moroes + commendation for trinkets
the old TK ring + my morogrim ring for max uncrusbility from rings.

After this its all guesswork for me though, i dont have a SMI, none so far lol.

What i was thinking was to go back to TK and grab the kael neck and use that over my RoS one, If i tell guild it will help on twins i dont think they'd care doing it quickly on an offnight considering we dont need to kill the 3 trash bosses.

Also idealy id grab the felmyst shield as im sure our MT would pass to me if i asked nicely enough, with that and the kael neck i shoudl be over 123% + scorpid sting = win.

I have a suneater i can enchant with +40 spell damage for another 2% but id rather not use it, i cant use the sword from anethron as we have had 0 drop lol
_________________
fiorina
Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:56 am
If offtank is about to get conflagration, he just run away. If main tank will eat confounding blow in meantime and confla debuff is not yet expired and mob is going to kill someone(he could run for a long time) then offtank will use insignia or bubble.

Second tank is not threatcapped by 1st tank. You can have second tank just for offtanking in case he can't catch up with threat.
_________________
Fiorina / <Black Division> / EU-Drak'Thul
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Drak%27thul&n=Fiorina
Mithos
Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:10 am
Well, I got T6 belt a few days ago and I found I can actually quite easily get to ~125% buffed without shaman totem, which would be fine. Before hand I think I vastly underestimated some of the recent upgrades I've got.

And

Edit: Gear I'm using in this set is:

Normal goggles, Pendant of Titans, T6 shoulders/chest/belt/bracers/gloves, Phoenix Wing cape, Tempest of Chaos, Kazrogals, Libram of Repentance, Judicators Legguards (kalec), Myrmidons treads, new badge ring, TK trash ring, SM insignia and Styleen's Impending Scarab (FTW!)

Puts me at 16737 HP unbuffed, is that enough?
Splug
Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:12 am
Ok, I had heard Sacrolash being the second kill target was a much easier kill order due to the offtank threatcapping scenario. Though making #3 threat on her something other than a healer is probably not a horrible idea either, for the case which you just described.

Assuming you kill Sacrolash second, and use a paladin MT/warrior_or_feral OT on her (and maybe have a warlock throw some searing pains at her before running off to Alythess), it sounds like you would have a lot of time available to generate threat before damage gets to Sacrolash. Even with the dual threatcap issue, tanks would have a fair lead on threat. I suppose that explains why everyone keeps talking about getting mongoose or agi enchants on a suneater and using it for her.

If threat is almost a non-issue though, I don't see how hitting uncrushable in Sunwell comes as such a difficult target. It does dent the max health a bit, mostly due to almost requiring dual avoidance trinkets. It also results in a bit of an unorthodox defense level, but it seems to me that a gearset similar to the one I was using in BT to be passively crush-immune would give paladins the same crushing reduction in Sunwell while Holy Shield is active. +30% from HS, -25% for being in sunwell, -5% for not having shield spec. The cornerstone point behind the gear I was using was that defense gives more avoidance than an equal level of block rating + dodge rating, and thus overkilling 490 defense not being a huge problem. The only real gap I'd see is between the stats on warrior t6 and paladin t6 as compared to the block rating libram versus the gorefiend gun, which I admit I haven't looked into. Even then, the gear from the first three bosses in sunwell should compensate for that...

-Splug
_________________
(Usually) Prot warrior: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Splug