Skip to content
Maintankadin

Sunwell Radiance and Uncrushability in Sunwell

Ukie
Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:18 pm

Sunwell Radiance and Uncrushability in Sunwell

Anyone else seen this?

I'm assuming the bosses in sunwell can still crush...but yeah...

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=45769

Sunwell Radiance
Instant
The warm radiance of the Sunwell empowers the target, increasing its chance to hit increased by 5% and reducing the enemies' chance to dodge by 20%.

How will this factor into our ability to remain uncrushable in the zone? With a 25% reduction to our avoidance, how the hell do we remain uncrushable!

Should I get my pitchfork and torch out and storm Blizzard's Headquarters?
_________________
http://sigs.guildlaunch.net/wsig.php/2458274OiiFE.png

Every pull is a failed suicide attempt.
Gerilith
Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:20 am
At least one of the twins can crush afaik.
_________________

Cauze blizzard begins to let healing suck.
fiorina
Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:16 pm
I am thinking about enchanting Mongoose instead of +40 spelldmg.

+4% dodge and 250 armor; 2 minutes uptime from 6 on Brutallus. It might worth sacrificing some 25TPS especially as hard hitting guys in Sunwell are demons or undeads so far.
_________________
Fiorina / <Black Division> / EU-Drak'Thul
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Drak%27thul&n=Fiorina
Neganur
Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:20 am
I use mongoose on my spare hammer of judgement.
Looking at the wws from kalecgos I'm already hard pressed matching my druid (41% avoidance) & warrior (43% avoidance) mates.
I simply can't reach those values while staying above 20k hp
_________________
Rorshach
Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:00 pm
Any hard news yet on when the 'Sunwell Radiance' buff goes inactive?

Heard numerous second-hand conflicting reports and hoping someone knows the know. Y'know?
_________________
Rorshach ~ Paladin TANK
Encore of Illidan
Sarcasm: it's a lifestyle
"Ha ha ha . . . . wooo!"
icydevarosp
Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:55 pm
There's rumors, but to be honest I don't see it going away
_________________
tackle
Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:02 pm
It will go away when all the guild who even remotely do progression have cleared sunwell fifty times. It's to easy without it.
Worldie
Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:23 pm
I'll hijack this thread.

I've played a bit with items, and menaged to build up a "sunwell uncrushable" set, which gives me a little over 127.4% combined avoidance buffed (126.5 unbuffed), while mantaining almost proper stats (about 60% avoidance, 400ish spelldam, 16k unbuffed hp and 18k unbuffed armor)

The question is... is it worth it? First 3 bosses don't crush at all as far as i know, and on Brutallus you would anyway mindlessly stack armor and stamina over anything else.

So looks like that a set like that is useful only for Twins?
_________________

Afraithe
Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:58 am
I'm guessing we will need it if we are going to tank anything on twins, since they crush, and crush hard.

But for Brutallus (we downed him last night), go all out on stamina and avoidance. I make sure I can take 4 normal hits in a row (in cause our healers get synced etc), thats around 23-24k hp buffed. BlockVALUE is quite nice as well, since he hits so many times he eats all Holy Shields.
_________________
Cadberri
Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:09 am
Kalecgos can't crush, nor can his trash. Sathrovarr CAN and WILL crush. I'll post a combat log during our next attempts of our warriors. The FIRST attack he made against every tank that rotated in was a crushing blow, and most of the time the healers were not prepared for it. Whether that was simply coincidence or not, that has yet to be determined.
_________________

Be.imba!!!
Eliane
Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:18 am
Thats weird. I havent gotten a single crushing in sunwell so far.
_________________
Worldie
Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:56 am
No crushings reported atm.
_________________