So, here's what I tried to tank him with. I was first in, demon side.
WoWdigger paper doll.
Health 16527. Goes to around 20k with Fort flask, raid buffs and stam food.
Armor 17405 Didn't have Ironshields, my pot master never logged on, and my mats were in his mailbox.
Defense 526 (12% miss, goes to 7%)
Dodge 25% - drops to 5%
Parry 21%
Block 14%, and only about 350 BV, goes to perhaps 600 when Libram is procced.
432 spelldamage, only wizard oil boosting it, where I'd normally be using blinding light and spelldamage food, or even my 2.4 badge legs with runic spellthread.
Result: Epic Fail
I think I lived through a demon side phase once, picked up the dragon, then died to dragon inside 10 seconds. Usual result was zone to demon side, wait 5+ seconds for healers to get in (meanwhile judge crusader), warn that I'm about to taunt, pop wings, taunt, max-threat cycle, probably lose aggro anyway, taunt again, eventually hold aggro, then die.
Pretty much took two healers full time to keep me up, at which point the healers themselves are dying to splash damage and curse. 4-piece T-6 Holy Paladin spamming FoL could not keep me up even with a HoT or two ticking as well.
I manage to combine lack of threat to reliably hold the demon against Kalec's human form with "too squishy to live" if I do manage to hold aggro the demon for more than 5-10 seconds.
Short version is that way too much of my gear is T-5 quality: Hat, shoulders, chest, belt and boots are all iLevel 127-133. And too much of my gear is low on spell-damage. Here's hoping BT is kind, Conquerer drops have been so crap I haven't seen a piece of T-6 in almost two months, still only have gloves.
_________________
