Skip to content
Maintankadin

WotLK Gear Enchants and Gemming Advice Discussion Thread.

Majiben
Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:41 am
+15 str is also lacking from the list which is clearly superior to +44 AP.

There's actually a good discussion here.
_________________
Digren
Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:53 pm
I'm watching that other thread. So far, there's no consensus in the discussion, and the poll results reinforce what I already said.
_________________
Paladin of the Argent Dawn since 2004
Petrus
Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:49 pm
I'll be updating the list within the next few days as I get back into the swing of things. Took some time off for new year's but should be back up to speed soon.
_________________

Barathorn
Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:02 am
Petrus I have split and stickied your thread, when you need to amend and update it just drop me a pm and I will unlock it for maintenance.

This thread should be used to discuss the enchanting and gemming preferences for WotLK.

Barathorn
_________________
Petrus
Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:41 am
I'll update everything after 3.0.8 comes out and confirms for SURE that we're getting some of these enchants and confirms new materials for them (stam to wrist/weapon).

I'll add Agil and Strength to gloves as well as Strength to wrist next pass as well. Any other suggestions that I missed and should add to the master list?

Bara I'll drop you a PM sometime during the day with the time that I'll edit it - won't be for a few days, though.
_________________

Culhag
Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:31 am
I'm a bit confused about the cloak enchant.

Knaughty, in his Advanced FAQ, said
Petrus
Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:51 am
For almost everyone, the 16 defense is better. Even after you're uncrittable, defense is still a good stat and for a LOT of people that little bit of extra defense is going to make a big difference when it comes to upgrading gear, because a lot of upgrades have lower defense rating than some of their predecessor blues (I'm looking at you, Tempered Saronite Bracers and Daunting Handguards).

When you're maxed out, however, 225 armor is very useful and good for mitigation. Most of us need (or will need) the Defense, though, which is why it's recommended. Choosing and upgrading gear is hard enough as it is.
_________________

Digren
Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:55 pm
This sounds like a perfect chance to improve the recommendation after community feedback. What if we change it as such:

(Note: I can't quote a locked thread, so I lost the links and such. Sorry Petrus!)

Digren
Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:00 pm
Hand is the other place that needs work. While long-term +threat is still likely the answer, there's no content that exists right now which requires it.

At the same time, while I saw by no means consensus, there are those that argue the +agility enchant is the best option for that slot, instead of +stamina or +attack power.

What about adding the +agility enchant to the list, unbolding the +threat enchant, and changing the comment to be:

"Two years ago, every paladin would have switched to engineering for a convenient pulling tool. Today, the young tankadins might start with the armor kit for a stamina boost, or choose agility for avoidance."
_________________
Paladin of the Argent Dawn since 2004
Digren
Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:30 pm
Petrus / mods:

Can you adjust the weapon enchant section?

1. Get rid of Titanguard /wave.

2. Add Enchant Weapon - Exceptional Agility, +26 Agility, Crafted (Enchanting 410)

3. Change the commentary text:
Digren says, "Blizzard's desire to create variety in tank enchants means we have a selection of marginal choices. Potency is better than Superior Potency for threat and mitigation, and Exceptional Agility is best for avoidance."
_________________
Paladin of the Argent Dawn since 2004
Petrus
Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:59 pm
Yeah, I'm going to make an update for it when 3.0.8 hits, which is probably tomorrow. The main reason for that is all the materials requirements for enchants that I have to update and they've changed a few times on the PTR, so I want to be sure of what I'm doing when they go live.

If you've got an AOL Instant messenger account or use irc or something where we can chat in real-time while I'm doing the edits, that might be helpful as well.

Barathorn, do you think you can unlock the thread sometime tomorrow? If you can, I'll PM you with details of when I think I can do it.
_________________

Barathorn
Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:55 am
I'll unlock it tommorrow and then relock it thursday Smile

Good work the pair of you.
_________________