Skip to content
Maintankadin

Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

theckhd
Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:16 pm

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

steadypal wrote:so petrus u dont care much for the 4pc bonus? and u also went for badge neck over maly 25neck? u like the hit and tiny bit more avoidance better than the 18stam possibly more?

If you're referring to the list, they're both ranked at #2, and I'm pretty sure he's said in the past that in case of ties, the order listed isn't significant.

Nonetheless, the two necks are both excellent. In the end, you're trading 18 stamina and 21 STR for about 0.37% avoidance and 1.28% hit.

For threat and avoidance, the Shard is a clear winner (42 hit > 21 STR as long as you're below hit cap). The loss of stamina and a little BV makes the Malygos neck a little better for EH. It's really a toss-up, and I could see switching back and forth fight to fight.
Petrus
Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:22 pm

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

Personally, yes. I don't care much for the 4pc and I valued the hit and avoidance of the Shard over the Maly neck (which I also have).

On the list they're at the same level, though, because they're both iLevel 226 and sidegrades of one another. If I really need the health, I know the Maly neck is one of the pieces I can swap out.

And as Theck said, the hit is important if you're under cap (which I am). It's the same reason I switched to the badge gloves from T8.5 as soon as I could get the 2pc bonus elsewhere (chest/legs).


As for the Titanskin Cloak, I believe it was Freya according to MMO-Champ but that was probably speculation. I'll change it next update.
Treck
Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:34 pm

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

Petrus wrote:As for the Titanskin Cloak, I believe it was Freya according to MMO-Champ but that was probably speculation. I'll change it next update.


According to armory, it seems to be from Mimiron. So Mimiron 25man HM (since we dont see it every day ^^)

http://www.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=45496
Petrus
Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:00 pm

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

Yeah, all other information says it's from Firefighter-25. I don't know where MMO-Champ gets some of their information sometimes, but the original source was early datamined-type information from a month or two ago.
Sputterduck
Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:10 pm

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

ticklefist wrote:
Majiben wrote:I suppose you would trade 540 defense out for 30% more avoidance?


If it didn't leave us mana starved we all would =P

I wouldn't
Loradin
Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:58 pm

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

I was wondering why Darkmoon Card: Greatness Isn't on the list with other Trinkets? As a new Tank I'm very Interested in your thoughts on why it's not.
Petrus
Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:34 pm

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

I suppose it should be. I never thought of throwing it on there, really, but it has every right to be there.
steadypal
Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:39 pm

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

i feel the greatness trinket had its place as a prot trinket for naxx, but not quite sure about in ulduar besides on maybe trash..
Stx
Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:20 pm

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

steadypal wrote:i feel the greatness trinket had its place as a prot trinket for naxx, but not quite sure about in ulduar besides on maybe trash..


I use it for little fights in Ulduar as MT. Only real boss it has value at is Hodir hard.
Petrus
Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:22 am

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

I'll still be adding it. Going to be out of town for a few days, so I'll update later this week when I get home. Hopefully the rest of the wowhead links will be up by then.
Valoel
Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:35 pm

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

we have the exact same hp but different gear, woot!
Loradin
Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:03 pm

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

No update for the Darkmoon Card: Greatness?

Tanked my first full Naxx25 this past Saturday as OT. Wow, that was fun. Now that i think about it that was the first time i had ever tanked a 25 man (just heroics in BC). They asked me back next weekend :D
Petrus
Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:08 pm

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

Sorry, yeah. I'm back! I had a hiatus due to a lot of personal stuff and I'll be updating this somehow in the next couple of weeks.

I'm also going to get a rough draft of the 3.2 version of this, which is going to be horrendously complex because of the dual-items thing.

If you have any good suggestions on how to handle that part of the listing, let me know. My current options are:

1. List both alliance and horde items (preferred but about twice the copypasting work of 2 or 3)
2. List just alliance items (I probably wouldn't do this mostly just because I don't play alliance)
3. List just horde items (Of 2 and 3, this is the one I would do, but I bet you all would prefer option 1)
Barathorn
Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:39 am

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

Sorry Petrus, Option 1 :)
theckhd
Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:53 pm

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

I haven't kept as up-to-date on this as I'd have liked, but aren't the horde and alliance items identical as far as stats go? If so, you could just do something like:

1. Horde Item (Alliance Item).
2. Horde Item (Alliance Item).

Or if you're really lazy, just omit the name and include a link, like:

1. Horde Item (A)