Skip to content
Maintankadin

MT gear progression

Aevie
Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:03 am
I love that you've made this a bunch of links and reformatted it... cheers!

<3
Aevie
snsrevived
Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:52 am
lol of course you do Aevie. Does the format look familiar? Every paladin's gotta have a PRIEST in his POCKET...
_________________
Munson
Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:32 am
I agree with everything except for Wrists and Necklaces.

1. Don't know why you have VR's bracers so low. Dodge > expertise IMO. Last time I checked, my melee hits weren't doing much threat or damage. I think our equivalent stat to expertise is spell hit.

2. Same thing. Why would Kael's Necklace be below Frayed? Hit raiting > dodge?

I will most likely have both of everything depending on the situation of the fight, but give me dodge/parry/spellhit over expertise/hit any day. My guild hasn't yet stepped into MH/BT, so maybe I'm missing something.
Brokenone
Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:29 am
what about the ZA boots? i forget what they are called. they drop off of the first boss. should be in there somewhere i think
_________________
Brokenone
70 Human Male Paladin
Aegwyn
snsrevived
Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:18 am
If your melee attacks miss, your SoR/JoC can't do any damage. Not to mention attacks hastened by parries. I'm not certain if it does a spell hit roll on top of that or not.

Do we have a thread posted with the theorycraft behind this? If we linked that thread on the first page of the gear list, it might answer the questions before people can ask them.

As far as not listing warrior only gear, there's a ton of stuff I see on this list with just stam and defense. (in particular, the badge rewards). If we're making an exception there, why aren't we listing the other ones?
_________________
Wolftusk
Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:18 am
What would be the harm including the items? If the post is clearer and more thorough, i think that people would ask less questions.
_________________
Blood Elf Protection Paladin
Brokenone
Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:03 pm
that doesn't make much sense to me. the jungle stompers (ZA boots) are better than either the boots of elusion and battlescar boots imo. both of those are on the list and, speaking of "warrior stats" battlescar has strength and the jungle stompers do not. *shrug* just saying...
_________________
Brokenone
70 Human Male Paladin
Aegwyn
Lolpaladins
Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:47 pm
Personally, I would prefer to see "all" of the items listed, even though I don't really use this guide as a resource myself personally since I have every piece of paladin tank gear memorized by now, I don't think it hurts to give the complete set of options available to paladins, I would even go so far as to list the PVP options since MANY prot paladins are "forced" to use a season 2 weapon/shield, which are pretty good main tank items too, items that even many warrior tanks utilize.

And speaking of PVP gear, the Veteran's Pendant of Dominance could easily be considered a "Paladin Necklace" at least on-par with the Barbed Choker of Discipline.
_________________
Morpheum
Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:20 am
Agreed with lolpaladins.

In addition, not everyone is in a guild that does 25-man raids, or wants to be. So omitting viable upgrades that drop in 10-man raids "because it's warrior loot" just makes the list less useful.

Kudos for making a useful list in the first place, but please include all the relevant upgrades.
_________________