Skip to content
Maintankadin

Dragonscale-Encrusted Longblade

fuzzygeek
Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:35 am
re: enchanting -- 20 str is best for tretts. But if trett is as off the charts as they say, I'm wondering of agil would be more useful. Or even goose.

Goose has a 1PPM rate, but it always seemed pretty horrible when I was trying it on my ToC during the early Brut days (would never actually proc when I needed it).

Also Potency is very bright green, hurts my eyes, and makes me look like rotj!Skywalker.
_________________
Splug
Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:39 am
Mongoose's proc rate will be better with more instant attacks, such as HotR. It's still not going to quite catch up to warrior proc rates with the same weapon, but I have to wonder if cranking a 2.5 weapon with fewer instant attacks would come up close to a warrior with a 1.5 - the % proc should be higher per-instant-attack with a slower weapon, right? I don't think it would come out ahead, but if hammer/shield proc mongoose the instant-attack chance should come out almost even.

Back to the question at hand: if raiding gets nerfed as much as it sounds like it has been, just get a muramasa. There aren't any avoidance stats on DEL, and paladins have no real need for a faster or slower weapon. And as far as badass weapons go, Muramasa edges out DEL with the exception of sheath location.

-Splug
_________________
(Usually) Prot warrior: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Splug
fuzzygeek
Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:41 am
Holy Damage ignores armor, so something like Executioner wouldn't be helpful. Pretty, tho.

From what I'm reading re: goose, it's quite good on a slow weapon; if I manage to pick up a Muramasa I'll definitely try popping Goose onto that.

The main argument against goose is that it's an on-weapon-swing proc-based buff. On average it's better than straight agil, but the % proc turns some people off.

Even with diminishing returns the proc is nice; it's my understanding that DR kicks in for rating, but not stat based increases. I'm going to have to look at the tables in that EJ thread again to be sure, but the agil you get off the goose should still be ok.

Edit: this is wrong.