Skip to content
Maintankadin

Pre-raid Tanking: Theories, Goals and the Gear to Get There

Kathryn
Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:43 am
Bump, Might wanna sticky that one.
Dreamcrusher
Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:40 am
When I'm at work today, I'll recopy the thread from the wow forums, it's much more up-to-date.


I've gotten a lot of suggestions from the community Very Happy
_________________
<3
Dreamcrusher
Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:36 am
tbh, the lack of avoidance hurts it quite a bit.


I'd almost always go with devilshark over that.
_________________
<3
Dreamcrusher
Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:39 am
Updated to most current version. <3
_________________
<3
ari
Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:37 pm
admin: this is a great thread, i come back to it time and time again as a reference.

any chance we can get it stickied?
Kayallah
Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:03 pm
So... This is my guestimate.. I'm still not 100% sure on pallydan tanks. But focus on dodge, parry, block, defense, hp, and some spell damage for aggro..

This is what I am aiming for pre-Kara/Gruuls.... Anything I can improve upon? I'm trying to make the BEST possible list (including annoying rep grind/crafted epics etc).

CTProfile (W/o gems): http://ctprofiles.net/5171421
Note: Add in 9? gems ( Ex: 9x12 stamina = add +1080 hp)
9390 hp (no gems)
12494 armor
Critical Strike: 5.28%
Chance to Hit: +3.69756087693% (11)
Block: 24.82% (113)
Dodge: 17.16% (121)
Parry: 10.48%
Block Value: 347.3
Tank Points: 41372

Spell damage: 135 (255 with Continuum blade)


Helm: Oathkeepers Helm - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=23536 - Crafted BS

Neck: Natasha's Battle Chain - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=31696 - Blades Edge Quest

Shoulder: Spaulders of theRighteous - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=27739 - Botanica

Cloak: Ironscale War Cloak - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=27550 - Heroic Slave Pens

Chest: Jade-Skull Breastplate - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28262 - Mechanar - Heroic

Bracers: Junior Technicians 3rd Grade Bracers - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30225 - Netherstorm Quest

MH (defense): The Sun Eater - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=29362 - Mechnar Heroic
MH (aggro): Continuum Blade - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=29185 - Keepers of Timer Revered

Shield: Azure Shield of Coldarra - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=29266 - Heroic Badge of Justice turn ins x25

Libram: Libram of Repentance - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=29388 - Heroic Badge of Justice Turn ins x41

Gloves: Thaita's Self Correcting Gauntlets - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28390 - Mechanar

Belt: Sha'tart Vindicators Waistguard - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=31460 - Arcatraz Quest

Legs: Timewardens Leggings - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=29184 - Keepers of Time Revered

Boots: Boots of the Righteous Path - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=29254 - Heroic Arcatraz

Ring1: Andormu's Tear - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=29323 - CoT quest

Ring2: Elementium Band of the sentry - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28407 - Arcatraz

Trinket1: Figurine of the Colossus - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=27529 - Shattered Halls - Kargath

Trinket2: Argussian Compass - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=27770 - Underbog heroic




BRACERS: Jr. Technicians was nerfed (sorta recently) so in your opinion what bracers would you go for instead (or would you still use them)

Bracers of the Green Fortress? Or is that a waste of gold?

Or... Amber Bands of the Aggressor- http://www.wowhead.com/?item=29463 No dodge, but str. and agi?



And, sorry if an "ideal pre-raid list" is posted somewhere... I saw a pretty sexy list by Kathryn... but it had raid gear in it. Crying or Very sad
_________________
Dorvan
Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:37 pm
The official Pally forum actually has a pretty good topic on this:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=91630149&postId=915020962&sid=1

Compared to the gear you've picked out, I'd suggest the following changes:

Neck: Strength of the Untamed - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=29173 - Cenarion Expedition Revered

Cloak: Devilshark Cape - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=27804 - Steamvaults

Bracers: Bracers of the Green Fortress - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=23538 - Crafted BS

Gloves: Felsteel Gloves - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=23517 - Crafted BS

Boots: Flesh Beast's Metal Greaves - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=29325 - Mana Tombs quest reward
Obveeus
Tue May 15, 2007 10:18 am
bump and request for sticky. This is my most revisited thread on the boards, and would be a shame to let it sink off the radar for new visitors.
_________________
Dorvan
Tue May 15, 2007 12:57 pm
Stuck! Smile