Skip to content
Maintankadin

Replacing gear already?

KysenMurrin
Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:24 am
The first thing I've done with my gear in Northrend is replace my Nexus-Guard's Pauldrons with Cobalt Shoulders. Those shoulders were the worst piece I was wearing, and the only one that was inferior to the low crafted stuff (or at least, will be inferior once I go back to Shatt and grab an inscription for the new ones).
Hopefully get my hands on that neck soon (might pug UK tonight)...


I'm still wearing full Felsteel, so I expect to start replacing things in a level or two.
_________________
Worldie
Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:30 am
My beta experience tells me there's no upgrade for me until level 76. And even there, it's only a necklace, rest of upgrades are all from heroics.
_________________

Uord - Prot Warrior
Darkworldie - Death Knight

Tanking... srs business
BigBlueCheese
Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:20 am
I replaced the stoic guardian chestplate with a 73 blue from the 2nd spider instance. Name is confusing to remember.
_________________

Ilara
Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:53 am
maaan I was hoping to replace my bright yellow pants with something. the rest of me is brown and silver.
_________________
Ilara Horde RETIRED
Ilara Alliance / Caelestrasz
Other
Zephyruss / Druid / 56 / Caelestrasz

A good tank is one that can acknowledge their limitations. A great tank is one that can properly use the tools at hand to overcome them.
Obrimos
Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:43 am
Yeah, I got that neck. I'm keeping my ZA shoulders for now (granted, I kinda like 'em).

However, I'm looking for new pants. Badge pants, while nice, are ugly. Sad
_________________
Majiben
Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:26 pm
At level 70 if you could stay block capped with them, the Tundra shoulders are a minor upgrade to the T5 and a clear winner over the ZA shoulder. Don't forget the extra armor when looking at the pieces.

Assuming 2 +15 stam gems the ZA shoulders have 17 stamina, 21 BR vs 7 BV, 4 def, 25 dodge, and 109 armor.

Now that we are leveling the BR on the ZA shoulders will likely keep them our prefer choice.
_________________
Majiben
If we wanted Ret to be a joke, we would have just left the tree as it was, and maybe kicked it a little for good measure. -GC
Discus
Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:31 am
Where is the npc that gives the Tundra Shoulders Qst and is it a questline? I've been avoiding the chaos that is questing but I'm still in blue laj shoulders and have completed Nexus a couple of times already without realised there were any useful quest rewards.
KysenMurrin
Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:32 am
Tuindra Pauldrons come from the only Nexus quest that isn't on a chain, it's given by a female mage at Transitus Shield in Coldarra, quest is "Have They No Shame". It involves picking up a book off the floor next to the frozen horde/alliance.
_________________