Skip to content
Maintankadin

Wrath Tanking Gear - Expertise and +Hit

PsiVen
Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:57 am
It's been this way since Sunwell, and without Precision all the missing with 0 HR really gets old. I'm tempted to just keep putting Titanium Weapon Chains on my weapons, if only because it's a lot cheaper than Potency as I'm a smith.

It is pretty funny that we nearly hit the dodge cap on expertise from racial+talent+glyph alone (10+6+5 = 21 => 21/4 = 5.25%, 2 points shy of 5.6%). It's certainly possible at this point to gear for no parries at all... Too bad they take out parry gibs on hard-hitting bosses these days.
_________________
Gladiator Psiven, 80 Tankadin
Bloodsail Admiral Psivenia, 70 Warrior
70 Belfadin, 62 Druid, 60 Priest, 60 Warlock

Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
Gamingdevil
Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:52 am
According to Wowhead Orcs and Dwarves indeed still have 5 expertise. I guess I at least still get 3...
_________________
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
PsiVen
Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:54 am
I've yet to see any DKs bothering with DW for any purpose, but that doesn't mean it's not viable. Frost DPS seems to be suffering pretty badly at the moment in any case.


After taking a look at some gear, I'm actually seeing a good amount of hit. It's unfortunate that the T7 helm combines SBV (yay!) with Expertise (ugh) but there are solid options in the gloves and badge neck (which I grabbed today). I decided to use the sidegrade blue to my M'uru chest to gain 51 HR for my own sanity.

For non-blacksmiths, the Stratholme shield is lovely as well. Actually I was somewhat tempted by it despite the Titansteel investment...
_________________
Gladiator Psiven, 80 Tankadin
Bloodsail Admiral Psivenia, 70 Warrior
70 Belfadin, 62 Druid, 60 Priest, 60 Warlock

Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest