Skip to content
Maintankadin

Austere Earthsiege Diamond vs. Eternal Earthsiege Diamond

Ratanna
Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:18 pm
effulgent for me
_________________

Omatre
Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:43 pm
Here's how I have what I possess gemmed currently:

T7-10 helm - 21DR 5% BV gem
Thane's Helm - 32 stam 2% armor value.

I can tell the difference between the two whle tanking. Thane's because of its high mixture of avoidance, has much more dodge/parry related to it, and during boss tanking I equip it except on fights I know will require an enrage phase, as that extra 3 seconds of Divine Protection is undoubedtly the best mitigation you can have when the time is necessary (i.e. Maexeena)
_________________

Nich
Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:41 am
I'm quite fond of the def/bv one, simply because it makes my life easier in stacking stats that aren't def.

According to [url=http://www.codeplex.com/Rawr]Rawr[/url=http://www.codeplex.com/Rawr], at least, in my ideal end-game tank get-up, the def/bv meta is slightly more mitigation than the stam/ac one o.0
_________________
Nephili / Neech / Nishers / Nichelle
daemonym
Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:30 pm
if the titansteel helm gets the meta officially i'll be taking the stam/armor one for that baby. but once i comfortably get block capped whatever helm i have at the time will have the def/BV one.
_________________
sfrog
Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:22 pm
I tried out both Meta gems this weekend. Bit fortunate in that I'm at 550 Defence without the Def/BV Meta so I don't actively worry about Defence.

What I found was this:
With the Def/BV Meta IN MY CHARACTER sheet my Block Value did NOT increase. In tanking Patchwerk [ 25 ] I was block for neither more nor less on average then I was prior to getting that Meta. However, the added Defence was added in to my sheet and noticable.
With the Stam/Armor, I noticed my increased values immediatly in my character sheet.

I've since switched back to the 32stam Meta and plan on keeping it.
_________________
Radience
Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:21 am
Imho only challenging 25 man encounter is Sartharion with 3 adds up, so effulgent wins. It's best meta for tanking Malygos also.
_________________