Skip to content
Maintankadin

Emblems of sh*t

Sockpuppet
Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:40 am
Well if you've got a lot of gold then I'd suggest leveling up JC for the Figurine - Monarch Crab, I socketed it w/ an 18stam & 41stam and got the 9stam socket bonus which makes it the best stamtrinket in the game. Also:


Nidaknat
Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:36 pm

Question

Are you able to put two of those JC only jewels in the crab to have two 41 stams and get the socket bonus?
Mozen
Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:07 pm
Personally, I've had absolutely no luck on prot trinkets. I'm using the JC crab and Dabiri's (yes the Netherstorm one). I only gemmed my crab with uncommon gems, though, as I want to be cautious how I spend my JC tokens.

As far as I know there's no quested prot trinkets at all in Northrend. I may be wrong but I am yet to see any and I've already got the quest achievements for four zones.

How far can the crab last us, though? If say we gem it with at least rares and there's only PUGs to hope for in terms of raiding in the short term.

On second thought, if the crab can be the best stamina trinket in the whole game at the moment, why not gem it with 41sta*2? It may be overkill, but you're also getting the benefit of your BOP gems early, and making it last longer, too. Which makes it not an overkill. (Huh?)

I don't know what I'm saying anymore. New to tanking so I don't know how gear planning works.
oldboyz
Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:58 am
about the crab trinket, here my tought :
-as i don't want to overkill it, i plan to max it with 2*Stam OR 2*def. So the day i will have more trinket choice, this crab may still be useful in particular circonstance.
That's why i favor 2*def
-i still need today to reach the cap (540 if i remimber well ^^)
-later, i will be able to swith gear/gem/enchant with lesser def and still put back the crab to stay at 540

but 2*41 stam is quite sexy too Cool
Majiben
Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:05 am
I would use one +24 stam gem and a +41 stam in the crab so you can use your remaining 2 JC gems for more socket bonuses. I would only use a defense gem in the trinket if you couldn't get crit capped without doing so (be sure to get +22 to chest, +20 to shield, +16 to cloak, and +12 to bracers before hand) as it is contrary to the strengths of the trinket.
_________________
Majiben
If we wanted Ret to be a joke, we would have just left the tree as it was, and maybe kicked it a little for good measure. -GC
Majiben
Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:55 am
Sonic Booster
_________________
Majiben
If we wanted Ret to be a joke, we would have just left the tree as it was, and maybe kicked it a little for good measure. -GC
Ewige
Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:56 am
Sonic Booster?

Edit: dang, too late :^P
_________________
Eiv