Skip to content
Maintankadin

Krazy's Block Cap gear guide (Pre Naxx)

Zeels
Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:16 pm
+15 Str on gloves should be an alternative as an enchant. BV and threat.
_________________
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Daenerys
Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:07 am
Would this gear really get you block-capped?

this is a noob question but :

My total avoidance stats (block, dodge, parry) only add up to about ~87% when I add up manually. The old level 70 macro seems to be doing things incorrectly, if it isn't, it puts me at 98%.

If at 87% getting to 102.4% seems pretty damn far. and i have most of the gear you listed. am I miscalculating? Is the old macro functioning correctly, and I'm not supposed to manually calculate, or is everyone who claims to be close to block cap using the old macro?

still trying to get Lavanthor's Talisman. but that won't get me to block cap, either, ofc.
_________________


**Currently 0/29 on Lavanthor's Talisman.
Cidx
Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:51 pm
Hello, I am Cidx and I am a Stamina drunky.

Can't say avoidance doesn't hurt, I get it when I can and balance it with stamina. You know one can say go pure stamina and have bad avoidance where one can have pure avoidance and bad stamina. A balance of both I would say benefits.

Pure Stamina scenario - Patchwerk hits you for 6k x 3 say you have 34k HP. That has to hurt and sometimes he can hit for more and more times until mitigated.

Pure Avoidance scenario - Patchwerk hits you for 6k x 3 1500 is blocked 3 times. Now you took 4500 less damage however you most likely have 4500 less HP than the person stacking stamina.

My 2 cents, do what works for you. No one is to tell you what is better because if it works then it works. Good guide for beginners to shoot for.
Mishakal
Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:14 pm
I am building 3 sets atm.

Block set, for Heroics and girly Bosses
Stam/Avoidance for MTing
Aviodance set, just because I can.

This is a good list for a block set and I will be looking out for alot of these items, actually I have alot of them.

Nice post.
Anubisknight
Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:59 pm
base miss chance is 8%?
_________________
daemonym
Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:52 am
also side note to add in regards to losing too much stam in getting block capped pre nax. with the gear i have selected i'll be about 1% over the cap or like 0.22% (or something silly) under it and will be at 25.5k unbuffed and about 48% pure avoidance. i listed the few items i don't have yet, but i have the rest on me atm on my armory.

shoulders: pauldrons of the colossus, scryers enchant
chest: T7 piece (can't remember name), +22def enchant
bracers: svala's bloodied shackles (can never get an old kingdom group), 90stam LW enchant
belt: waistguard of living iron, 12def and 12def gems with belt buckle
legs: bolstered legplates, str/def
ring2: keystone great ring


naturally there's a few other drops i can pick up to stay capped and get the badge libram and will have 75 more stam come next patch.
_________________
Anubisknight
Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:53 am
Bulwark of the Noble Protector - Keristrasza, Heroic Nexus. This shield will provide more in terms of reaching the block cap.
_________________
Barathorn
Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:53 am
Calm it down people, speak to each other nicely or things will start getting locked. This isn't the official forums, this is Maintankadin, the place where rational discussion and debate exists.

Barathorn
_________________