Skip to content
Maintankadin

Eanin's Failsafe Guide Discussion Thread

Eanin
Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:09 am
Unfortunately, there's almost no gear with +BR that is failsafe Sad.

The exceptions are:

Refined Ore Gloves and
Heroes' Redemption Breastplate

That's it. There's also a shield, but it's fairly low in armor, so I'm not sure it would balance out. I'll add it to the guide, though:

Blade-Binding Bulwark

In fact, there's very little pre-raid, even as drops.
_________________
Petrus
Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:16 am
There are some shoulders in Heroic Gundrak off of the Colossus/Elemental boss: Pauldrons of the Colossus. They're arguably the best pre-raid shoulders because of the gem slot and I'm certainly going to be running some Heroic Gundrak for them fairly soon! Unfortunately, the whole "failsafe" bit doesn't apply so well to the drop, which is fortunately only on of four on the drop table for the mob on heroic, but it's still not a guarantee.

P.S. Not quite the same but this "of the Colossus" gear all seems to have block rating on it... http://www.wowhead.com/?item=27529
_________________

somegaijin42
Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:00 am
Needs more stickiness! Great list as usual, Eanin! Very Happy
_________________
Toxi
Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:11 am
this post definitely needs some sticky, but I can imagine the chaos of updating AND maintaining this place. So I'll give it a dirtygirl /bump & a SoR across the lips..
_________________
AS+HS+PMS=GRRRLTank
majorwoo
Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:43 am
+1 sticky vote
_________________

Despite all my rage, I am still just a Paladin Tank.
Choicebro
Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:01 am
Nice post mate, Put the TBC guide to good use , as im sure i will with this one.

Thanks for all your effort Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
_________________
SellassieTanks
Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:02 am
:sticky:

Thanks again.....You've helped my progression immensly over the last year, and for that "Youa re a god" Wink
_________________
Liquidant
Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:41 am
I have the neck that is listed but I all so have

Betrayer"s Choker

would there be much to loose or gain ?
Kellel
Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:52 pm
sigh, this still didn't get a sticky?
_________________
DexterBelgium
Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:11 am
Great guide as usual, Eanin. That it's not stickied yet is beyond me, but, hey, ours is not the place to question the decisions of mods.

Anyway, as to the question above: wowhead's got this item comparison tool now, it's pretty nifty.

This (copy/paste into your address bar, sadly) gives you the comparison between the three necks discussed:

http://www.wowhead.com/?compare=44035;39655;37646&weights=Paladin%20-%20Protection%20(Tanking);42:20:21:44:45:22:46:43:119:77:96:123:41;100:96:88:80:79:76:76:52:50:25:23:20:9&focus=0
_________________