Skip to content
Maintankadin

Red Sword of Courage - rarity

Seladas
Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:38 am

Re: Red Sword of Courage - rarity

I gots it after my 1st run, It did take me 27 runs of CoS to get the crest though. Also got the Old Kingdom bracers 1sgt run and ive never run OK again
Lightstrike
Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:33 pm

Re: Red Sword of Courage - rarity

My guild has been clearing naxx 25 since the end of december week in, week out and wall of terror has dropped once. Last Laugh hasn't dropped.

We also had a run the other week where the only tier items that dropped were mage, druid, dk and whatever the 4th is on that piece..

My friend has a shaman and a paladin tank... whenever we go EoE 10, if he is on his shaman the shield drops, if on the paladin, the boots drop..

Sometimes these things just happen :)
Kelaan
Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:29 pm

Re: Red Sword of Courage - rarity

Araceli wrote:Ironically there are two major tank items that people say are hard to get: Red Sword of Courage and Seal of Pantheon.


That's because they are the Main Things we are trying to get, I suspect. I heard the same about all the epic heroic tanking loots. For waht it's worth, I have yet to have seen a Seal of the Pantheon, andhave run that place nine times so far. (I thought it was more, but my Armory Statistics page is probably more correct than I am. ;))

Edit: Apparently, there is a "Deaths from Hogger" count in the statistics pane. Awesome.
theothersteve7
Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: Red Sword of Courage - rarity

I got the Red Sword my third run, and the Royal Crest my first. I also got the Seal my first run.

However, I ran Old Kingdom nine times without getting the bracers, and I've cleared Nax10 about five times without a bracer drop. Anyone who has run Old Kingdom with some frequency knows how much that blows. I ended up buying the badge bracers off the AH.

My guild all took turns intentionally dying to Hogger when we were getting Westfall Chickens, so I'm proud to have a count greater than zero on horde side. :)
ramza789
Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:03 am

Re: Red Sword of Courage - rarity

Ran H UP 7 days in a row. Ended up OTing Naxx25 with my Titansteel Guardian, and got Last Laugh.

Coincidently, we got a Betrayer, and the Turning Tide along with my Last Laugh. Best KT loot ever.
Klaudandus
Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:36 pm

Re: Red Sword of Courage - rarity

A couple of months back, while trying to get geared for Naxx, I farmed HUP for the sword and HOK for the bracers for a little more than a month, and HVH for close to 3 weeks. Back then I also hit reg HoL for the seal for two weeks before it dropped.

And to this day, I have yet to see Repelling Charge and Minion Bracers, (I still would like to have Repelling Charge because it would allow me to switch the final Enduring Forest Emeralds in my EH set for Solid Sky Sapphires/Solid Dragon's Eyes) even tho I am hitting Naxx25 almost exclusively these days .
Dakana
Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:11 pm

Re: Red Sword of Courage - rarity

I feel your pain on the Red Sword of courage. I ran UP for a couple months (not solid, but often as was feasable), and never saw it. I finally gave up in earnest when Gothik dropped the Slayer of the Lifeless for me.

Now if Kel'Thuzud would just give up Last Laugh when I'm there... IT dropped for my guild's Main Tank Warrior on Sunday apparently... maybe that means I'll get a shot at it soon (I got SotL the run after he got his...).
Barathorn
Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:34 am

Re: Red Sword of Courage - rarity

Just a quick reminder in light of the last few posts.

Please don't exaggerate any claims in this forum as you will be found out and it will be pointed out to you. However please do not post anything that could be constituted as a personal attack on said person.

Keep it civil please and don't lie or exaggerate.

I think I have done 2 runs for the RSoC, yeah I am lazy :wink:

Barathorn
Earantur
Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:34 am

Re: Red Sword of Courage - rarity

I got both the Red Sword of Courage and the Crest of Lordaeron on my first runs in UP/CoS.

As a Holy Paladin :D
Fayia
Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:28 am

Re: Red Sword of Courage - rarity

Dropped and won on my first run. My son wanted to try dual wield DK tanking and got it on his 4th run.

I am as unlucky on the "Gossamer" however, as you are on the RSoC :)
Discus
Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:15 pm

Re: Red Sword of Courage - rarity

Atticus - Ignore the personal abuse mate, I really wish there was a similar page where you could look up how long it was since some of the pedants had indulged in sex :lol:
aleyona
Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:55 pm

Re: Red Sword of Courage - rarity

RsoC I got on my very first UP run. Since then I've seen it once in roughly 10-12 UP runs. Even then, it's still pretty good rate.

The one that did irritate me however was the Royal Crest. I ran CoS twice with other tanks (I was ret at the time helping others out), and the crest dropped for them. After that I started tanking and had every heroic dungeon epic piece except the crest. I went through 11 runs (most of which were successful timed runs) without seeing the crest. I finally broke down and picked up crygil's. The next day someone wanted to get their mount from the timed run and asked me to tank it. At the end, the RCoL dropped and everyone was like, Hurray! it dropped for you. Well... that's my luck...