Skip to content
Maintankadin

T7.5 Vs Shoulderplates of the Deconstructor

Invisusira
Mon May 25, 2009 1:34 pm

Re: T7.5 Vs Shoulderplates of the Deconstructor

I struggle to understand the Big Deal here, and am very confused at how 7.5 "dominates" them.
http://www.wowhead.com/?compare=45251;40584
Assuming a def/stam gem because JC is being changed and, right now, you shouldn't have one here anyway since the dragon's eyes should be going in red slots:

7.5:
+0.5% avoidance

Decon:
+38 Armor
+15 Stam
+16 Str
+43 Hit

Stop running around with Christmas trees on your shoulders. They are an upgrade.
Treck
Mon May 25, 2009 2:21 pm

Re: T7.5 Vs Shoulderplates of the Deconstructor

You cant compare gear where you have a prismatic gem in, with some gear without a socket and think "hey, im loosing the prismatic gem here and its shitloads of stamina".
Since odds are, you will prolly have (now or later) more sockets in your gear where you can use your prismatics gems.

Lets say your shoulders would have a yellow socketbonus that gives 10sta, and your head have a yellow socketbonus that gives 8sta.
And you happend to have a prismatic in your shoulders, but not in the head socket.
Putting the prismatic in the head and the def/sta in your shoulders wont make you loose anything...
(youll be suprised how many ppl who gets suprised by such an obvious statement...)
Thus, Its ofthen best to ignore the fact that you have acces to prismatic gems when deciding between gear.

Putting prismatic gems into blue sockets should be avoided, but its almost to rare to have a full gearset with less than 3 non-blue sockets to be conserned about putting your prism gems in blue sockets.
And ofc the JC "nerf" ,wich I welcome as a JC myself, will prolly mean youll want to use def and dodgegems again \o/

Edit: Tried making it a bit easier to read when not in a hurry home. Hope its possible to understand.
Invisusira
Mon May 25, 2009 2:55 pm

Re: T7.5 Vs Shoulderplates of the Deconstructor

Sir I am struggling to understand your English.
Faro
Tue May 26, 2009 4:46 am

Re: T7.5 Vs Shoulderplates of the Deconstructor

Invisusira wrote:Sir I am struggling to understand your English.


I believe he's agreeing with you.

For the record, I still use t7.5 for the .5% avoidance. The armor is really what's going to sell me on my decon pads; and gaining enough hit to replace my glove enchant.
Ragingsoul
Sat May 30, 2009 9:38 pm

Re: T7.5 Vs Shoulderplates of the Deconstructor

trust me, you will want those shoulders when you have some of your naxx gear updated. no more hit on gloves, no more hit on belt if you make the BIS crafted one. no more hit on the badge ring.

Maybe T7.5 have more avoidance, but a gear is about balance. I personally have those shoulders and Ignis boots, for more hit rating. I replaced both my rings, replace the belt, and gloves. it's about balance, remember that. if you still have the naxx hit belt, and don't want to loose so much strength with the badge one, try to make the crafted one, and take those shoudlers. you won't loose hit rating, and you will gain a lot more stats.
Faro
Sun May 31, 2009 8:05 am

Re: T7.5 Vs Shoulderplates of the Deconstructor

Ragingsoul wrote:trust me, you will want those shoulders when you have some of your naxx gear updated. no more hit on gloves, no more hit on belt if you make the BIS crafted one. no more hit on the badge ring.

Maybe T7.5 have more avoidance, but a gear is about balance. I personally have those shoulders and Ignis boots, for more hit rating. I replaced both my rings, replace the belt, and gloves. it's about balance, remember that. if you still have the naxx hit belt, and don't want to loose so much strength with the badge one, try to make the crafted one, and take those shoudlers. you won't loose hit rating, and you will gain a lot more stats.


I can't see why I'd ever replace my t.7 gloves. Block value for hit and a drop in avoidance? Yah, I'll pass. I already have the decon shoulders, crafted belt, and crafted boots, and with the t7.5 gloves I'm pretty happy.
fuzzygeek
Sun May 31, 2009 12:25 pm

Re: T7.5 Vs Shoulderplates of the Deconstructor

Faro wrote:I can't see why I'd ever replace my t.7 gloves. Block value for hit and a drop in avoidance? Yah, I'll pass. I already have the decon shoulders, crafted belt, and crafted boots, and with the t7.5 gloves I'm pretty happy.


Badge gloves are a straight, across-the-board upgrade.
Faro
Sun May 31, 2009 6:50 pm

Re: T7.5 Vs Shoulderplates of the Deconstructor

fuzzygeek wrote:
Badge gloves are a straight, across-the-board upgrade.


I believe he was referring to t8 gloves as he said "no more hit on gloves." I'd 100% use the gauntlets once I decide to use my decon shoulders more, but for now the two piece bonus is what's selling me on using both.
halabar
Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:02 pm

Re: T7.5 Vs Shoulderplates of the Deconstructor

Glad this thread was here... :D

Got the Decon Sat night (pissing off the DK "MT", oh well), and I wanted to get rid of the banannas for a long, long time..

I also got the belt from Razor and the trash boots, so had to move things around a bit to stay at 540 and get back over 102.4.

WTB 7.5 or some other gloves.. still using Adamant gloves. /cry
Cloned
Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:59 pm

Re: T7.5 Vs Shoulderplates of the Deconstructor

I am having an extremely hard time justifying dropping my 7.5 shoulders for the Decon, much less the 8.5(jesus). Also, Why would I think about changing from the Callous Hearted to Royal Watch?

Count me in the for the crew that doesn't give a damn about Expertise or Hit. I have still had ZERO threat issues, even on Hodir or the like. I get more than enough Hit just from pieces that would be upgrades without counting the Hit as a value at all, just because Blizzard decided to splooge Hit and Expertise all over the gear.
Laz
Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:48 pm

Re: T7.5 Vs Shoulderplates of the Deconstructor

Deconstructor is a pretty clear upgrade to T7.5 IMO. Is it huge? No, but it is an upgrade. Plus, it doesn't look awful.
Faro
Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:09 am

Re: T7.5 Vs Shoulderplates of the Deconstructor

Laz wrote:Deconstructor is a pretty clear upgrade to T7.5 IMO. Is it huge? No, but it is an upgrade. Plus, it doesn't look awful.


Visually it's a clear upgrade. Decon vs Valor. Slight armor/stam/def upgrade vs slight avoidance. Really a matter of taste.
halabar
Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: T7.5 Vs Shoulderplates of the Deconstructor

Laz wrote:Deconstructor is a pretty clear upgrade to T7.5 IMO. Is it huge? No, but it is an upgrade. Plus, it doesn't look awful.


IF they were dead even on the stats, the looks of DeCon would win. :D
Mozen
Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:17 am

Re: T7.5 Vs Shoulderplates of the Deconstructor

I actually "upgraded" from T7.5 to T8, then to the Decon. Now I'm sitting with more hit rating than I like, with the Inferno Couplings, too. Hit is really just everywhere, and from the pieces I can hope to get, it looks like I'll be over 300 hit rating soon. :roll

Er, back on topic.

Decon looks better. Now I just need to replace that shining yellow T7.5 glove of mine, but I'm saving for my T8.5 chest so no Royal Watch for me. (Besides I don't want more hit...seriously.)
Racolus
Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:43 am

Re: T7.5 Vs Shoulderplates of the Deconstructor

After having got it for weeks and playing around with my set, I really really can't say it is an upgrade, just an alternate.

IIRC there are plenty of people in here saying threat is not an issue, maximinize your survival stat.

If it is still true (and to me, it is), I don't see why replacing an avoidance gear with threat stat is an upgrade. For countless time I tried to put on Decon FFS, but the avoidance loss really can't convince me.

Read some other guide in here or Tankspot, not many ppl think it is an upgrade. Concerning about the look, it is, nevertheless.