Skip to content
Maintankadin

New tanking items in 3.2 (incl t9 paladin set)

Varmin
Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:40 pm

Re: New tanking items in 3.2 (incl t9 paladin set)

Nice 4pc, not sure if I'm in favor of the 2pc being on RD or HoR. (Usually when you need to taunt <8s it's for groups of mobs which RD is still king for).
I'm definitely liking the changes on paladin librams. And I guess with the new SoV the hit/expertise won't be bad either.
Beornus
Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:14 pm

Re: New tanking items in 3.2 (incl t9 paladin set)

When should we expect to see news on any new weapons and shields for 3.2?
Racolus
Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:24 pm

Re: New tanking items in 3.2 (incl t9 paladin set)

Meh, the itemize is nice, but I really concerned about the LOOK.

I don't want any X'mas tree nor tanking in skirt, again.
Firebush
Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:27 pm

Re: New tanking items in 3.2 (incl t9 paladin set)

With Exorcism having a 1.5sec cast time, we will need a shorter HoR cd to single target taunt. We effectively had 3 taunts with Excorcism an instant cast affecting all mobs, not just undead. Sorry to see that go, unless I'm mistaken?
Kelaan
Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:54 pm

Re: New tanking items in 3.2 (incl t9 paladin set)

Racolus wrote:Meh, the itemize is nice, but I really concerned about the LOOK.

It's funny, because I saw the "placeholder" graphics, and thought that that it actually looked quite nice. (It's warrior t8, though, isn't it, with offset Ulduar pieces thrown in? Ah well.)
Fridmarr
Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:57 pm

Re: New tanking items in 3.2 (incl t9 paladin set)

Firebush wrote:With Exorcism having a 1.5sec cast time, we will need a shorter HoR cd to single target taunt. We effectively had 3 taunts with Excorcism an instant cast affecting all mobs, not just undead. Sorry to see that go, unless I'm mistaken?

Exorcism isn't a taunt, and now HoR will do a bit more damage to a mob not targetting us. We do lose a way to pick up a loose mob when there are other mobs hitting us, but I think that will be pretty minor at the end of the day.
Firebush
Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:41 am

Re: New tanking items in 3.2 (incl t9 paladin set)

No, it's not a guaranteed taunt, but it's certainly useful as an initial pull tool, and then HoR can be used as a second... assuming your range dps isn't too quick on the draw... I used Exorcism on many pulls in Uld... like Thorim arena, etc... we'll see how it plays out.
Racolus
Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:11 am

Re: New tanking items in 3.2 (incl t9 paladin set)

Kelaan wrote:
Racolus wrote:Meh, the itemize is nice, but I really concerned about the LOOK.

It's funny, because I saw the "placeholder" graphics, and thought that that it actually looked quite nice. (It's warrior t8, though, isn't it, with offset Ulduar pieces thrown in? Ah well.)


Yep, same here, I was about to make a post here saying we finally got some decent looking T armor, then I saw the word 'place holder'. MEH
Halnoth
Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:58 am

Re: New tanking items in 3.2 (incl t9 paladin set)

Am I missing something, I dont see any set bonus' in those pics. Where did you find them?
masterpoobaa
Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:20 am

Re: New tanking items in 3.2 (incl t9 paladin set)

UGH @ pally T9.5 gear itemisation... Moar Crap...

Take for example DK T9.5 tank set itemisation:
Chest - Def, parry, dodge
Legs - Def, parry, dodge
Shoulder - Def, parry, hit rating
Helm - Def, hit rating, dodge
Hands - Def, parry, dodge

Outta those 5 bits, the ONLY criticism would be for the shoulder, as dodge is superior to parry alone.
Nice bit of hit rating in there too.
My rating: 4.75/5 imho.

Now look at the T9.5 pally tank gear...

Chest - Def, parry, dodge - GOOD.
Legs - Def, Hit rating, Block value - Dear oh dear. 240 block rating which is quite large, but still bad for 1-2 shotting Ulduar bosses.
Shoulder - Def, Dodge, Expertise - Again less than optimal, hit rating prefered to expertise. (unless capped)
Head - Def, Dodge, Block Val - Sigh. just like T8.5
Hands - Def, Dodge, Parry - GOOD.

My rating 2.5/5 tops. *sigh*
No actual block rating on the gear either... its all block value.
Vedge
Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:24 pm

Re: New tanking items in 3.2 (incl t9 paladin set)

masterpoobaa wrote:My rating 2.5/5 tops. *sigh*
No actual block rating on the gear either... its all block value.


Why would you want block rating?
Sathoris
Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:31 pm

Re: New tanking items in 3.2 (incl t9 paladin set)

The tier 9 itemization looks really nice. It gives all the necessary stats w/o adding the crappy block rating that everyone wants to get rid of it.

In really intense fights where you want to gain a bit of avoidance ditch the legs for something else and still keep the 4 set bonus without any problems.

I really welcome this change.

Also the 2 sec taunt reduction i think it's a good thing after all because ... from what i've read on forums about the new raid instance we'll be facing lots of waves of mobs randomly targeting people (maybe) which will require taunt after all.

As for the 1.5 min CD on Bubble wall, they will definetly reduce the forberance or simply remove it ... that's up to blizz in the end if they want to remove it but it will be lowered at least if you are wearing 4/5 tier 9 set.
Raenac
Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:51 am

Re: New tanking items in 3.2 (incl t9 paladin set)

Sathoris wrote:The tier 9 itemization looks really nice. It gives all the necessary stats w/o adding the crappy block rating that everyone wants to get rid of it.

In really intense fights where you want to gain a bit of avoidance ditch the legs for something else and still keep the 4 set bonus without any problems.

I really welcome this change.

Also the 2 sec taunt reduction i think it's a good thing after all because ... from what i've read on forums about the new raid instance we'll be facing lots of waves of mobs randomly targeting people (maybe) which will require taunt after all.

As for the 1.5 min CD on Bubble wall, they will definetly reduce the forberance or simply remove it ... that's up to blizz in the end if they want to remove it but it will be lowered at least if you are wearing 4/5 tier 9 set.


They just changed the t9 bonus to be 30 seconds off divine protection AND forbearance.
steadypal
Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:36 pm

Re: New tanking items in 3.2 (incl t9 paladin set)

we really wont know whats better in the new raid instance,,


for the one that compared our tier set to DK's and was mad about having 2 pieces with BV on it.. if its arena style, i wouldnt think of mobs hitting for 20k +, so BV might be better, i am visualizing this place needing lots of controlled CC, and picking up adds for some reason..


and BV with avoidance gear, and not BR is a huge plus...