Skip to content
Maintankadin

T9 for Conquest

Belloc
Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: T9 for Conquest

Oh, yeah. I'd take it over the repelling charge any day. The armor proc is particularly sexy.
Mert
Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:39 am

Re: T9 for Conquest

Belloc wrote:Oh, yeah. I'd take it over the repelling charge any day. The armor proc is particularly sexy.


That's insane! Any idea what the proc rate's like? I'm going to get home and run this thing until it drops I guess. My guild's gonna hate me...
Marrus
Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: T9 for Conquest

It procs a lot... seems to have the standard 45 second internal cooldown. I did normal 7 or 8 times before I got mine. Fortunately, the instance is fast and has great trinkets for every spec, so it shouldn't be hard to find people willing to go.
Dane
Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: T9 for Conquest

Whoa...for some reason I got confused and thought it dropped in heroic. I ran normal and heroic last night, got some nice ret stuff, and a 219 tank neck from heroic.

I'm going to start SPAMMING normal if that's where the trinket drops though...I was all concerned about only getting to run it once a day. It's a faceroll if the first boss(es) don't bug out. Just run out if they do, I guess.
PsiVen
Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:20 pm

Re: T9 for Conquest

Assuming you kill every 10/25 boss as it comes out, get 3 badges/boss and you don't do any daily quests:

Week 1: +6 (6 total)
Week 2: +12 (18 total)
Week 3: +18 (36 total)
Week 4: +24 (60 total)
Week 5: +30 (90 total) +30 heroic (60/week for full 4x clears)

Assuming you do dailies every day for maximum possible badges (3x Triumph/day = 21/week):
Week 1: +27 (27)
Week 2: +33 (60)
Week 3: +39 (99)
Week 4: +45 (144)
Week 5: +51 (195) + 30 heroic (81/week)

So the earliest you can possibly get 2 pieces of 75-badge gear is week 5, or week 6 if you don't do constant dungeon dailies. For a 25-man raider who can count on it being first priority, it's probably not worth the time to do all those dungeons if you wouldn't otherwise. If that's not the case, you should see a substantial benefit to grinding for those badges.
Ragingsoul
Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:40 am

Re: T9 for Conquest

PsiVen wrote:Assuming you kill every 10/25 boss as it comes out, get 3 badges/boss and you don't do any daily quests:

Week 1: +6 (6 total)
Week 2: +12 (18 total)
Week 3: +18 (36 total)
Week 4: +24 (60 total)
Week 5: +30 (90 total) +30 heroic (60/week for full 4x clears)

Assuming you do dailies every day for maximum possible badges (3x Triumph/day = 21/week):
Week 1: +27 (27)
Week 2: +33 (60)
Week 3: +39 (99)
Week 4: +45 (144)
Week 5: +51 (195) + 30 heroic (81/week)

So the earliest you can possibly get 2 pieces of 75-badge gear is week 5, or week 6 if you don't do constant dungeon dailies. For a 25-man raider who can count on it being first priority, it's probably not worth the time to do all those dungeons if you wouldn't otherwise. If that's not the case, you should see a substantial benefit to grinding for those badges.


maybe I missed something, but I get 2 emblems of Triumph for a daily only. not 3, since normal is conquest.
Arcia
Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:34 pm

Re: T9 for Conquest

PsiVen wrote:Assuming you kill every 10/25 boss as it comes out, get 3 badges/boss and you don't do any daily quests:

Week 1: +6 (6 total)
Week 2: +12 (18 total)
Week 3: +18 (36 total)
Week 4: +24 (60 total)
Week 5: +30 (90 total) +30 heroic (60/week for full 4x clears)


Wait, how do we get 12 extra emblems week 2 when we get 1 more boss to kill?
Vrimmel
Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:38 pm

Re: T9 for Conquest

I wouldn't get my hopes up for getting 3 EoTs for every encounter in TotC. The first encounter is three boss fights in one which might give this much by itself.