Skip to content
Maintankadin

What is the first item you are getting for EoTs?

Macktruck
Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:22 pm

Re: What is the first item you are getting for EoTs?

While everybody is picking up trophies of the crusade and having to wait, I will be waiting for the 258 tier tokens. Fuck the rest of the gear imo. Think I'll be getting the ring first, then both librams.
Nyrin1
Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:42 pm

Re: What is the first item you are getting for EoTs?

Ring for sure, Libram next... then not sure... i don't pick up EoTs fast enough (only raid) to pick up to many items that fast.
Nadir
Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:04 pm

Re: What is the first item you are getting for EoTs?

I went for the Retribution libram first because I tend to play Retribution fairly frequently. I'll go for the Protection libram next.
steadypal
Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:19 am

Re: What is the first item you are getting for EoTs?

hmm what to get first, i have no clue

libram,,, ring,,, or awesome sauce shoulders?


what order are you all going to go for purchasing this stuff? or save up for tier gear, and if so which pieces?
Nadir
Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:30 am

Re: What is the first item you are getting for EoTs?

I'd say Libram >> Ring >> start saving up for ilvl245 tier pieces.

The T9 shoulders are one of the four pieces you're going to want to activate the 4P, so I wouldn't recommend the generic badge shoulders. The T9 legs are the only piece I'd avoid, as the Jaraxxus 25 legs are a fairly solid alternative.
Zeianna
Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:14 am

Re: What is the first item you are getting for EoTs?

Currently I've got the 4pc t8, with random Ulduar shoulders (I don't remember who they came from), and the t9 shoulders are just too good to pass up, so I'm saving up for those. I'm about 4 days away from getting them, assuming we do CC tonight as planned. Also, as an aside, my guild only runs ten mans, so I'm perfectly happy with only nabbing the 10 man version of the tier.
Ragingsoul
Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:02 am

Re: What is the first item you are getting for EoTs?

Nadir wrote:I'd say Libram >> Ring >> start saving up for ilvl245 tier pieces.

The T9 shoulders are one of the four pieces you're going to want to activate the 4P, so I wouldn't recommend the generic badge shoulders. The T9 legs are the only piece I'd avoid, as the Jaraxxus 25 legs are a fairly solid alternative.


Legs are also one of the only piece with hit. and a lot for that matter.

Crap on avoidance, but REALLY good on defense and hit, if I take 1 of the Tier, it's the legs first.
Rhiannon
Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:33 am

Re: What is the first item you are getting for EoTs?

Got my Libram and very happy with it. Will probably actually get the ret libram next, as I tend to dual spec a fair bit even on progression and it is an absolutely ridiculous upgrade. Then prot tier or ring I guess.
Grehn|Skipjack
Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:42 am

Re: What is the first item you are getting for EoTs?

In light of recent shoulder upgrades, I'll have to revise my decision to the Ring, because it's ridiculous.
Selinaria
Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:48 pm

Re: What is the first item you are getting for EoTs?

I am gonna go Libram, Ring then start saving for T9.

Personally I feel that waiting as long as you can reasonably justify to grab T9 or 9.5 is best until we see what Koralon drops, would be a huge waste of emblems to grab a tier piece and then have it drop from Koralon. Obviously eventually you will grab the piece either way but good practice to wait and see for sure.
Nadir
Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:40 pm

Re: What is the first item you are getting for EoTs?

Ragingsoul wrote:
Nadir wrote:I'd say Libram >> Ring >> start saving up for ilvl245 tier pieces.

The T9 shoulders are one of the four pieces you're going to want to activate the 4P, so I wouldn't recommend the generic badge shoulders. The T9 legs are the only piece I'd avoid, as the Jaraxxus 25 legs are a fairly solid alternative.


Legs are also one of the only piece with hit. and a lot for that matter.

Crap on avoidance, but REALLY good on defense and hit, if I take 1 of the Tier, it's the legs first.


Meh. Our threat is fine with zero hit and a boat load of expertise. Survivability is generally going to be the issue in T9 heroic 25 modes. I think people fixate on hit too much and don't realize how much BV/STR is on the T9 set. There are plenty of other TPS stats out there. Jaraxxus legs also gain a third socket in the ilvl258 version, so they'll be quite a bit ahead of ilvl 258 T9 legs in terms of physical effective health.
Nikachelle
Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:46 pm

Re: What is the first item you are getting for EoTs?

The shoulders (non-tier) seem to be the biggest upgrade for me. I'll pick those up first.
Braundo
Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: What is the first item you are getting for EoTs?

Whatever is the biggest upgrade, I'll have to run some comparisons.

I imagine that it may be the trinket for me, because I'm still rocking two iLvl 200 trinkets (Monarch Crab and Black Heart) while I have the XT shoulders and FL/Hodir rings.

It would also take me until IC was released to get even 2 pieces of Tier at the rate that badges will likely be coming (since I don't plan on clearing all 4 modes of the Coliseum every week), so saving up for tier pieces doesn't seem like a fantastic idea to me at the moment.
Ovine
Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:58 pm

Re: What is the first item you are getting for EoTs?

I was just wondering, my dodge rating sits at 684, I also read somewhere that post 700 or so the value really does diminish, so i am not sure I will get good value from the libram first. Any others thinking along these lines?
Vedge
Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:48 am

Re: What is the first item you are getting for EoTs?

Just got my crusade token yesterday, so i'm definitely going for T9 shoulders. The expertise on those doesnt appeal to me that much though, but i'm tired of running around with banana shoulders.