Skip to content
Maintankadin

Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

Nadir
Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:54 pm

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

steadypal wrote:
anthony wrote:Also i was wondering if the regal auror shoulders from TOTC 5 man heroic are seen as an upgrade from tier 7.25 shoulders, it seems they have more dodge,hp and hit but lose parry so imo i think it is an upgrade but im not sure if overall its seen as better and was wondering what the rest of the community thought of them?



are these an upgrade over XT shoulders???


1 less def, more dodge, 20 less armor,,, hmm yellow socket with 4 dodge bonus


would a 30stam or 10def 15stam gem make these an upgrade over XT shoulders?


They're an upgrade over the XT shoulders in terms of avoidance and physical/magical effective health if you use a 30 STA gem. They're an upgrade over the XT shoulders only in terms of avoidance and magical effective health if you use a 15 STA, 10 DEF gem. Regardless of how you gem, they're a threat downgrade from the XT shoulders.
steadypal
Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:05 am

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

blah what to do,,, what to do...


30 stam gem, 10def 15stam gem, or just stick with XT shoulders... hMMMM
mandm413
Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:06 am

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

Peacekeepers blade drops from the argent confessor in heroic 5 man.

Legguards of abandoned Fealty drop from 3 horde champions in normal 5 man.

Boots of Heartfelt Repentance drop from Edrick the pure in normal 5 man.
Petrus
Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:13 am

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

After looking at them, they're at least a sidegrade to the XT shoulders.
anthony
Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:16 am

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

Petrus wrote:After looking at them, they're at least a sidegrade to the XT shoulders.

And definately better than T7.25 shoulders?
Petrus
Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:56 pm

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

That mostly depends on how you value the extra avoidance from 7.25. They both have a socket and now with epic gems the potential to have more health than XT shoulders. I'd say, though, that I'd prefer Regal Aurous to Valorous T7.
Meyrinn
Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:14 pm

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

Nadir wrote:
Meyrinn wrote:Is there any Hit Rating in this BiS Set? Avoidance and EH are great, but threat will be horrible with 0 hit rating.


0 hit rating and 171 expertise rating. There aren't many viable hit options. The weakest T9 piece has hit rating on it, but doesn't have any dodge or parry. There are hit rating wrists, shoulders, and feet, but you'd have to drop from ilvl 258 to ilvl 245. There aren't any new hit rating cloaks, necks, rings, gloves, chests, heads, swords*, or shields. However, I believe our threat is fine with 0 additional hit rating. You have to remember that there's a boatload of STR (2221 raid buffed) and BV (2156 raid buffed) that we also have to take into consideration.

*You could theoretically use a ilvl 258 DPS 1H with hit rating on it, but Crusader's Glory is vastly superior in terms of physical EH.


Personally, I think its a bad move to have 0 hit rating. Its not for overall TPS, but to smooth out your threat. Bad RNG and you miss your first ShoR and HotR and a melee swing and you will lose aggro on the pull. That plus with O hit rating you have a whopping 17% chance for your taunt to fail, unless its glyphed.
mgkeeper
Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:08 am

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

Goodmorning, to ya all :P I noticed that the links on the items are from ptr and not functional anymore. Any chance that we can upgrade them to the real ones? I checked wowhead too but it seems that the ids changed from the ones we got in the list. Why all that mess? Should't wowhead have fixed the links by now? It's taking a lot time just to see the props on a single item :S

Thanks in advance, and sorry for interrupting but i wanted to get this out of my mind :P
Ard
Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:30 am

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

Libram of the Sacred Shield can also be bought for 19 Emblems of Conquest.
Nadir
Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:52 pm

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

Meyrinn wrote:
Personally, I think its a bad move to have 0 hit rating. Its not for overall TPS, but to smooth out your threat. Bad RNG and you miss your first ShoR and HotR and a melee swing and you will lose aggro on the pull. That plus with O hit rating you have a whopping 17% chance for your taunt to fail, unless its glyphed.



I guess we'll have to see in the next month or so. The only encounter where I can imagine high hit rating and consistent snap threat *might* be vital to your raid's successful is heroic Anub'arak where you have to be capable of picking up 4 adds every 30? seconds. Everything else in AC is a tank and spank from our perspective so low probability threat RNG isn't a primary concern.
Petrus
Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:17 pm

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

Yeah, I'll be updating to the normal www. wowhead links from the ptr. ones in the next update. It's taking a while because I haven't had much of a chance to work on it yet, lots of stuff at work, etc. so I've been very busy and there are a lot of items to add. Should be done soon, though.
Beornus
Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:46 pm

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

Barathorn wrote:
Beornus wrote:Bara, there is a master list sequence issue on the legs, it goes to 8 and then starts again at 6. Am trying to ascertain whether my Bolstered Leg are 6 or closer to 10!


I'll check with Petrus Beornus.

[the bolstered leggings while great for hit and def suck at everything else so :wink: ]


Roger - so it is at best 10 on the list, smartass!

And Def and Hit are good, like bacon.
Petrus
Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:55 pm

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

And yea, I fixed the leg listings in the new version. It's left over because I of how I add to the list when large numbers of new items are released. I start with the original listing, create a separate document with all the new items, then merge the two. With the leg listings, I simply forgot to re-order the old ones.

I'm working on the updates (slowly) and this week is the last of summer semester, so I'll have more time to finish after saturday.
Ard
Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

These: 6. [Regal Aurous Shoulderplates] - Trial of the Champion (Heroic), Unknown Boss

Drop from Heroic 5 man ToC.

edit: which is what it say /slap self... we got it from the second chest, so lady... whatshername