Skip to content
Maintankadin

Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

Taeron
Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:30 pm

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

I don't understand why Regal Aurous Shoulderplates (the ones that drop from TotC heroic) are so low on the list. I have the Tier8(10) shoulder token and I expected the shoulders to be an obvious upgrade, them being so much higher on this list, but they end up with just about the same stamina, less defense and BR.

Am I misunderstanding the value of tier8.10 shoulders over Regal Aurous Shoulderplater? Would you pick t8.10 over them? Or even the ones from Kologarn10?
Threatco
Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:00 pm

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

oops dbl post
Threatco
Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:00 pm

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

typo

The ring rank has a new ring ranked 4 but between some ranked 2
Lolpaladins
Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:45 am

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

Taeron wrote:Am I misunderstanding the value of tier8.10 shoulders over Regal Aurous Shoulderplater? Would you pick t8.10 over them? Or even the ones from Kologarn10?


They aren't "significantly" lower on the list, they're only 1 spot down.


Significantly less threat, 19 strength and 126 block value (don't forget to factor in redoubt) vastly outweigh 35 hit rating.

The block value is ALOT of mitigated damage during the course of a fight, ESPECIALLY in 10 mans where things just don't tend to hit for 20k+ - I'd rather take 3-5% less damage rather than have .8% more avoidance.

Even on fights where you're going to take the occasional 22k+ hit (25m hodir for example) it's still basically an even trade mitigation for avoidance....

But then when you factor in the set bonuses...

And for my particular gearing, I do happen to need a small amount of block rating to hit "unhittable" even with full raid buffs, and it just so happens that the t8 helm and shoulders happen to push me up to that amount.
ArtemisFei
Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:10 pm

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

No idea if this has been mentioned before, but I found a cloak that seems particularly best in slot-ish.

http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/47550/cairnes-endurance/

Probably not mentioned in Petrus's topic yet because not all tribute gear has been seen. However, this cloak looks particularly amazing. Plus, it looks ridiculously cool.
Dobbelsteen
Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

ArtemisFei wrote:http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/47550/cairnes-endurance/

WANT
Meebo
Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

The numbering on the Rings section is odd and how come there is no Rank 2 shield?
Loradin
Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:57 pm

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

I just wanted to add my thanks to Petrus for this amazing resource. I never would have been able to find all the possible upgrades this list has laid out. That you don't just put one piece at each ranking so you can see what Might be the best upgrade depending on what you are after gives the list great depth and flexibility. This isn't some BiS 'do it this way' bible that a tank is supposed to copy but a guide in the best sense of the word.

Thank You Petrus

Loradin
Petrus
Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:09 pm

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

8/24/09:

Updated Gear Locations/Prices:
- Helm of the Crestfallen Challenger also from Argent Confessor Paletress

Added/Fixed Gear:
- Added Heroic versions of Legionnaire's Gorget/Arbiter's Muse
- WoWHead link for Endurance of the Infernal (Heroic)
- Moved The Warlord's Depravity up two slots to reflect its item level and stats
- WoWHead link for Sunreaver Defender's Pauldrons (Heroic)
- Added Heroic versions of Pride of the Demon Lord/Eredar
- Named "Stoneskin Chestplate" from Anub'arak
- Added Heroic versions of Bracers/Armguards of the Shieldmaiden
- Named "Dreadscale Bracers" from Northrend Beasts
- Added Heroic versions of Belt/Girdle of the Nether Champion from Lord Jaraxxus
- Added Heroic versions of Legplates/Legguards of Feverish Dedication from Lord Jaraxxus
- Added Heroic versions of Dawnbreaker Sabatons/Greaves from Lord Jaraxxus and Greaves/Sabatons of the Lingering Vortex from The Twin Val'kyr
- WoWHead link for Fervor of the Frostborn (Heroic)
- Added Heroic versions of Forlorn Barrier/Crystal Plated Vanguard from Northrend Beasts
- Added Heroic versions of Aegis of the Coliseum/Bulwark of the Royal Guard from Anub'arak
- Moved Broken Promise up several slots to reflect Theck's TPS theorycrafting
- Added Heroic versions of Ardent Guard/Crusader's Glory from Anub'arak and named "Crusader's Glory"

Note that no tribute chest items have yet been added. I will add those as soon as I can find more/all of them.


Will make these changes as soon as the thread is unlocked.
Petrus
Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:43 am

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

Updated. Don't have tribute items yet. See if I screwed anything up this time!
Barathorn
Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:17 am

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

Petrus wrote:Updated. Don't have tribute items yet. See if I screwed anything up this time!


Sticky at top of this thread also updated.