Skip to content
Maintankadin

Replacing gear already?

masterpoobaa
Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:32 pm
My GF playing her Priest healer was a bit peeved.

Utguarde keep.
1st instance.
1st boss.
1st drop.

Replaced her mace she got from prince.
*ouch*

As a tank ive noticed a suspicious lack of both quest reward tanking plate items as well as boss drops - at least on instances 70-74.
very dps/heal orientated.
I guess thats what the latter BoE Blacksmithing gear is for.
_________________
Bobness
Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:06 am
I took a nice ring From Azol-nerub (or whatever it's called)

Stats as I recall

308 Armour
30 Str
46 Sta
17 Defence

lvl 72

Replaces either my Shermanar or Kara Rep ring... haven't decided which yet.
_________________
Bregor
Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:01 am
I assume every one has heard about Wanted: Ragemane's Flipper for a new tanking weapon at 74 in Zul'Drak. It is easily soloed for a tankadin.
While you are in the vincity, there is a new necklace to be gotten from Betrayal. The chain leading up to it starts from Unlivinging Choker which I believe is a 100% drop from Withered Trolls (or I got lucky to get it on the first kill).
Also, in Zul'Drak there is the chain leading up to The Storm King's Vengeance for a nice blue chest, which does not quite beat T6 but is nonetheless a nice piece.

Also, if you get a group for it consider farming Violet Hold for new leggings, shield and cloak.
_________________
Bregor - Deathwing(EU) - 0/49/12
Arjuna
Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:11 am
violet hold seems to be very nice to be farming Very Happy
_________________
semp
Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:35 am
About to ding 77 and so far have replaced very few of my ret pieces. SO far 2h axe from new ring of blood, neck, trinket, and Venture co. libram. Granted i Just started Zul'drak, hopefully more upgrades to come.

I have also run every instace up to my level so far, and jsut about every drop has been cloth, or SP related =/
Discus
Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:47 am


Tuindra Pauldrons come from the only Nexus quest that isn't on a chain, it's given by a female mage at Transitus Shield in Coldarra, quest is "Have They No Shame". It involves picking up a book off the floor next to the frozen horde/alliance.


Ah, that would be the book that in a bags full moment last night I looked at and thought...hmmmm.. dunno what this is there for, I'll delete it Rolling Eyes

Given that I'm wearing just Laj shoulders that was quite a mistake Laughing Laughing
Chunes
Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:11 am
So far at 80 I have only replaced gear with 1 drop (def trink from HoL), 1 rep (wyrmrest cloak >>>>> Slikks), 1 reward (some tank axe), and 1 craftable (Titansteel Shieldwall).

I was in 4pc T6 and all other T6 random loot.
_________________