Skip to content
Maintankadin

Heroic UP day 14...

Chunes
Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:50 am
don't lose hope. it took me 15 tries to get the damn thing when literally EVERY OTHER TANK ON THE SERVER was like

"oh lawl i got it on my first try lulz".

don't ever give up!
_________________
Toddrick
Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:53 am
Last night I saw the mount drop for the second time...proceeded to lose the roll and the damn leather belt dropped again...uggh.
Spectrum
Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:37 am
For me it was every single tanking drop from kara. I did over 20 runs in which I won a total of 1 (yes 1) roll and it was for the T4 gloves which I proceeded not to use. Never saw the pocket watch drop while I was tanking, or the BP.

Everything else I got beat on rolls. Including a holy pally grabbing the Battlescar Boots because, "prot is my main spec".

I did about half-a-dozen runs on my druid and quickly had more epics than my pally. It hurt.

That said. Keep going and diversify your options. If you are only running one instance per day for one specific item you could easily end up without it. If you add another option so you have two potential drops per day you greatly increase your odds.
_________________


No really, I'm not addicted.
Modal
Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:42 am
Yeah I think I'm 0/9 now. Other guild tanks both got it on their first and only UP runs...
_________________
phaqueue
Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:20 am
...
2nd Heroic: CoT run - got my shield...

2nd Heroic Pinnacle run... got my sword...

now off to win the lottery (I wish)

1st naxx-10 run I picked up 4h helm and patchwerk shoulders too... I'm fast becoming a sexy paladin Smile
_________________
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so" -Douglas Adams
Galannor
Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:41 am
Imo, nothing beats Gruuls shield for elusivness. over a year for mine and bank about 2 months after for Saronite defender... /cry
_________________
Daenerys
Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:20 am
Went 1/15 on the shield. 1/6 on the sword. 1/14 on Essence of Gossamer. 0/14 so far on Lavanthor's Talisman. So frustrating, but so nice when it drops. Although, I really probably should have gone for the badge shield.. but this is my one indulgence, and I'll just have it make room for a non -defense rating trinket once I get it to drop.
_________________


**Currently 0/20 on Lavanthor's Talisman.
Cirruss
Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:54 am
I picked up the sword 2 days ago. It was my 3rd run. I hope you get the sword soon.

The last thing I need out of heroics is the bracers from Old Kingdom.
_________________
Cirruss - 80 - Alleria
Alceste
Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:56 am
First run, went smooth, but no drop.

Second run was horrible, spent over an hour on Skaldi as the mage and warlock in the group failed due to either standing in breaths or standing practically on top of Skaldi when came down only to get insta-gibbed by whirlwind. All the while each were pulling less than 1k dps. Wiped a few times on trash afterwards for good measure. Two and a half hour heroic UP with a horrible pug.

Thank god the sword dropped.
_________________
Toddrick
Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:36 pm
I finally got it on the 16th or 17th run. Then, a day or 2 later, the Slayer of the Lifeless dropped in my Nax run. Everyone in my guild laughed. I think I'm going to stick with the sword of courage for a lil longer because I worked so damn hard for it.