Skip to content
Maintankadin

New BS shield enchant?

Gamingdevil
Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:44 am
I'm not sure if you mean "swat" or "swarm", is a swarm of swats ok?

EDIT: you sneaky bastard, you edited your post and make me look stupid...I should learn to quote more Sad
_________________
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Zibey
Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:29 pm
DR's hit it very hard - the more you have the harder, so every point of defense rating is worth less than previous one by quite a bit.
At the same time some other stats dont suffer this so I can see the point in not going too much over 540.
Hence the topic - would be fun to use some sbv shield enchant instead of 20 defense if its in any way valid. I do like crits, and then - this 20 defense rating is 0,31% avoidance for me now, so I suppose it meets with 40 sbv at the point where boss hits me for around 15k unblocked. Now all we need is to wait for ulduar and see how hard they will hit to determine how much better defense is (IF it is). Atm only malygos hits harder than that (I am never offtank on patchwerk).
_________________
Zibey 80 Fortressadin The Maelstrom EU
Levantine
Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:38 pm
So much whoosh in this thread, it's hilarious
_________________
Levantine: Frost Tank
Anzen: Restogoat
Popeadin: Retardin
Zibey
Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:39 am
You might be right actually - I dont have any source of how DR hits miss except harlekin spreadsheet and I dont know how accurate he is.
Will check it out.
Still - to answer some ultra-polite boy...
Sonic
Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:09 pm
sigh.....

The purpose of defence is to get up to 540, to remove crits. Afterwards itemization favors focusing on getting to block cap and then avoidance.

So yes, points after 540 are wasted. There are far better items aviable to help you reach block cap and then raise avoidance than depending on defence after becommign crit immune.


As for the topic of the upcomming new BV enchant. Right now it will probably take a back seat since hitting the defence cap can be annoying. I'd think that once we get ahold of Uldar gear it will become more apealing since base def and avoidance vales will raise and give us more gem/enchant freedom.