Skip to content
Maintankadin

Yellow Gem slots.. if you're already at the defense minimum?

Tekkel
Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:56 am
Tbh I've put hit/stam gems in yellow sockets recently. The def cap is not really an issue since I use the def trinket from 10 man. I've dropped to only 5% hit lately and I hate seeing stuff miss. At 53% avoidance I really don't feel like gemming even more avoidance into new gear. Gotta keep the healers awake and anything that makes me not miss my avenger shield is welcome.
Throwing it at patchwerk, seeing it miss and the druid ripping patchwerk of your because you always have a threat lead with AS sucks Sad

But I've got nearly all nax 25 man tank drops so if you're not there yet you might indeed better stick to def/stam to avoid issues with the def minimum when aquirring a new piece of gear.
Vindictive
Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:20 pm
ok just a weird question im over 540def (w/o def trink) im at block cap, should i stamx2 or enudruingx2? for this piece http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40279
_________________


It's Not Because I'm A PALADIN Tank, It's Just Because I'm A BETTER Tank
sfrog
Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:47 pm
I think Bold Red is more of Knaughty's kind of posting color...
_________________
Levantine
Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:06 pm
Normally I'm would go Enduring in yellow (until 3.0.8 when it'll be JC Stam). More breathing room and gearing freedom is always nice.
_________________
Levantine: Frost Tank
Anzen: Restogoat
Popeadin: Retardin
Petrus
Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:16 pm
I tend to go Enduring in yellow. Def if I'm way down on it for some reason.
_________________

mosa
Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:20 am
8def/12 Stam allllllllllllll the way, I don't consider there much of an option as you can have a bit of a buffer for the next gear upgrade.... I am constantly hovering around 540-542 def, and am prepping for the next patch where I lose 12 def to wrists... but I achived a huge goal of mine recently

30 K unbuffed... 30,044 to be exact Razz
_________________
Candiru
Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:42 am
Also, 2* enduring is MUCH cheaper than 1* solid and 1* thick.

Enduring FTW!
Ana
Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:15 am
Stam will get you into raids, but unless you are a guildless merc tank out there, you should be getting into raids anyway with your guild. I hate pugging a raid as the tank, because the minute something goes wrong you and the healers are to blame.

That said, I agree with the pure defense and/or enduring gems.

found this nifty little site: http://www.wow-gem.com/gems.aspx
_________________
Anathematic 78 Ret Paladin
Sadochistic 80 Prot Paladin