Skip to content
Maintankadin

Emblem of Valor ring vs JC crafted ring.

Majiben
Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:11 pm
Hit is worthless as a mitigation stat and expertise is barely better than nothing as a mitigation stat.

They do provide tps but sub par tps when compared to str, AP and BV.

Kelaan
Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:02 pm
Except, if the given gear level it's based on is roughly what we can currently attain, it doesn't really matter. Once we actually get T8 and T9 stuff, said weightings will likely change.
Maswin
Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:49 am
Why should they be mutually exclusive? I'm currently 2 emblems from the signet (I don't really do 25man, our guilds 10man only) and as soon as I next do VoA 25 I'm getting me that ring to pair with my JC crafted ring.
Majiben
Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:12 am
The sandworn band is considered superior to both and can drop multiple times in one night. That doesn't make them mutually exclusive but does eliminate some of the appeal the valor ring has when you could replace 1-2 weeks of work in one night. Plus the boots and cloak from valor emblems are very close to best in slot and will often be bought before the ring.
_________________
steadypal
Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:52 am
im using sandworm and jc ring atm


i thought to myself badge ring is MEH but then realized wait a minute the badge ring has MORE defense than both of mine COMBINED Razz
Sybexia
Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:04 pm
I am using the Sandworn and JC rings. The Sandworn ring dropped 3 times in one night for us. Valor tokens aren't as easy to come by for me so I am going Boots then Cloak (unless one drops). Definitely boots first!
Petrus
Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:12 pm
I'm definitely considering the JC ring at this point, but I'm figuring out how long it will take me to get my hands on the materials.

As for Valor stuff, I'd wait for a cloak drop and definitely go boots first. There are a few good ones in Naxx25 (including Shadowed Sun that can drop off of multiple bosses) and the Sarth10 +1 cloak.
_________________

Kelaan
Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:58 pm
Whoa! I forgot it dropped from multiple bosses. Very Happy Thanks!

As for Sarth+1 .... ugh. Sad I never seem to be able to run this with guildies, and I don't think they want to do +drakes. Is this something PUG-able? How can I stack, structure, and lead so that this is feasible for a pug of good (but semirandom) players? Very Happy

... Actually, I should find a sarth+1 thread under the single bosses forums, so nevermind. Thanks for the reminder, though, that Shadowed Sun is relatively common. Very Happy