Skip to content
Maintankadin

Red Sword of Courage - rarity

EderX
Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:27 pm

Re: Red Sword of Courage - rarity

Just luck. I saw the red sword on my first heroic run through there. Oddly enough I had picked up Infantry Assault Blade for H UK just before we went in.

15-16 runs later of both AN & CoS - No trinket and no shield.

Just luck.
Acedonte
Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:28 pm

Re: Red Sword of Courage - rarity

My first 80 heroic on this character, I got the Essence of the Gossamer and the belt from H. AN. Talk about a mountain of luck on that one.

As for bad luck with drops, I think I ran Kara ~25 times (maybe more, maybe less, 6-8 months running most weeks) before I saw the Gauntlets or the Neck drop off Maiden. It became a running joke in my guild.

(Un)fortunately, I'm just now really starting to get into LK the past few weeks (gg RL), so I haven't had time to been frustrated by loot at level 80 :D
Galoheart
Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:25 pm

Re: Red Sword of Courage - rarity

This sword for me I have seen fairly often more than rare on my runs of H UP.

Before ipicked up back then the Assault Blade like a poster mentioned previously as well from H UK the Red Sword never dropped. Within a day or two after that the Red Sword dropped for me in H UP. Then for the next 4 runs of H UP I saw it drop on my runs 3 more times. Odd. More like conspiracy of loot system.

It dropped enough that I have 2 of them each with a different Enchant one with Agility and the other with Accuracy on them. Funny stuff only seem to drop almost or after you no longer seem to need it.

Skadis belt as well never dropped when I wanted it. But moment I upgraded in Naxx 25 on my next HUP run skadis dropped his belt. Sometimes I think the RNG is playing games with us within the game itself.

But the Red Sword don't seem all that Rare!
amunstorr
Tue May 05, 2009 3:33 pm

Re: Red Sword of Courage - rarity

i got the RSoC on my 3rd UP run. Got the CoL on my second run of CoS. AND..... on my first Naxx as off tank, got the Skull of Ruin and the Minion Bracers. I feel very lucky about those but i still have a green trinket- JC is pricey
Sairah
Tue May 05, 2009 5:53 pm

Re: Red Sword of Courage - rarity

I had complained about the drop earlier in this thread, then oddly enough had a near-disasterous run through UP, tanking so a few guildies could get the Children's Week achievement, and after wiping to Skadi three times and Ymiron twice (seriously, it was just one of those days, had alts on the run for gearing); it dropped. So perhaps, the worse your run, the better the result?

I did swear on Ymiron's decaying pixels that I would NEVER SET FOOT IN THAT LIGHT-FORSAKEN INSTANCE AGAIN!!! And I won't.
Mosterd
Wed May 06, 2009 7:45 am

Re: Red Sword of Courage - rarity

Galoheart wrote:Before ipicked up back then the Assault Blade like a poster mentioned previously as well from H UK the Red Sword never dropped. Within a day or two after that the Red Sword dropped for me in H UP. Then for the next 4 runs of H UP I saw it drop on my runs 3 more times. Odd. More like conspiracy of loot system.


I got exactly the same thing, ran UP 4 times before it dropped for me, seen it drop on the 5th for a warrior friend of mine, 6th run it got DE´d...and so on...

Ever since i got the sword from heroic UK, The Red Sword has been dropping on my Heroic UP runs :P
Blotterr
Thu May 07, 2009 2:37 am

Re: Red Sword of Courage - rarity

Haha I feel your pain man, after the 13th H UP run (Which always seemed to drop the Mail Hunter/Enh belt) and no sword, I had given up. But yesterday I got Broken Promise from naxx25 so it's all good :P
Kwelzenda
Thu May 07, 2009 5:21 am

Re: Red Sword of Courage - rarity

I've run H-UP around 6-8 times and have seen the sword drop twice out of all my times in there. The first time was when I was in ret spec/gear and we had a pally tank who still needed it so I passed to let him have it. The second time was this morning when I tanked it and /dance'd no Ymiron's corpse after picking it up.

The completely forgot to equip it when we went and ran H-AN afterwards :lol:
TheNull
Thu May 07, 2009 6:38 pm

Re: Red Sword of Courage - rarity

It dropped on my first ever H-UP run on my pally when I went as holy. The tank was a DK.

The DE'er on my run actually hit Need to DE it without asking, so I hit Need afterwards, and luckily won it.

My pally's an alt, and nowadays, it's hard to get in on pug raids as a new tank, since there are plenty of overgeared tanks for those runs. I'm using the "gear up as healer first, get in raids, and slowly accumulate tanking gear" strategy, which is working out well. =D

BTW, holy/prot dual-spec == fun!
Dane
Fri May 08, 2009 6:50 pm

Re: Red Sword of Courage - rarity

I'll have to look up how many times I've run this...it's not through the roof, but it's more than a few.

Never seen it drop, but I have Slayer of the Lifeless. I'd still like this as a sidegrade for now though.

I'm mostly running UP for the drake (yeah...right! NEVER seen that.)
Tcud
Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:53 pm

Re: Red Sword of Courage - rarity

2 items I always been aiming at when leveling my paladin tank is Red Sword of Courage and Royal Crest. I wanted the shield more since its look awesome and Im inlove with that shield ever since I saw it on my former main a DK.

I got so damn lucky as the sword dropped on my, I think 2nd or 3rd run. The shield on the other hand, jesus, I think I run little over a week to get it, the first thing I do when getting home is LFG CoS HC timed run ( to get good DPS to make a faster run) and nothing, nothing, nothing. So I got myself a Titansteel shield, but it was so late that night that I thought, ehhh let save it and run another CoS HC, if it dont drop either, use the damn Titansteel shield. And so the next day, voila Royal Crest dropped and the Titansteel go directy to AH.

But on topic, yeah pre Naxx there is only the Red Sword that is epic not like the shields where ya can get Titansteel shield anytime ya want or the 35 badges shield which ya only need to spend like 1-2 days farming to get it and last the Royal Crest, but sword, jesus there is only 1, so I feel for ya man, and let us know if it have dropped for ya since ya post.
Dorvan
Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:48 pm

Re: Red Sword of Courage - rarity

Barathorn wrote:
Jazmine wrote:There are other sword options u know. Could run naxx 4H wing on 10 man to get the similar stat'd sword.

But if you need the sword from UP, your bound to get one. Just run heroics every day lol. TBH its not that great of a sword and if you farm 25man naxx, you'll soon be replacing it.


Not everyone has that luxury though and I know plenty of people who would like this weapon but instead because of bad luck, are still using the Infantry Assualt Blade [like myself although I haven't run UP much]. For guilds that only 10 man raid, it is the best option currently to go for. RNG is random indeed.

Just have to keep running it people :)


Nah, at this point I'd just to tournament dailies for http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45204 / http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45076

Perhaps it's not quite as good as the Red Sword, but it's pretty close and it's a sure thing, just a little time each day for a few days and you'll have it.
gibborim
Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:59 am

Re: Red Sword of Courage - rarity

Tcud wrote:and let us know if it have dropped for ya since ya post.


I see you are a skilled necromancer.
Barathorn
Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:20 am

Re: Red Sword of Courage - rarity

Dorvan wrote:
Barathorn wrote:
Jazmine wrote:There are other sword options u know. Could run naxx 4H wing on 10 man to get the similar stat'd sword.

But if you need the sword from UP, your bound to get one. Just run heroics every day lol. TBH its not that great of a sword and if you farm 25man naxx, you'll soon be replacing it.


Not everyone has that luxury though and I know plenty of people who would like this weapon but instead because of bad luck, are still using the Infantry Assualt Blade [like myself although I haven't run UP much]. For guilds that only 10 man raid, it is the best option currently to go for. RNG is random indeed.

Just have to keep running it people :)


Nah, at this point I'd just to tournament dailies for http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45204 / http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45076

Perhaps it's not quite as good as the Red Sword, but it's pretty close and it's a sure thing, just a little time each day for a few days and you'll have it.


I originally wrote this before the dailies existed......

Barathorn
towelliee
Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:54 pm

Re: Red Sword of Courage - rarity

This sucker drops almost every run for me. At some point a dps always has an off spec tanking weapon now when i run UP