Khayne wrote:And BV can be really, really crappy. sure, mitigation is allways nice.
But if i need to choose between reducing hit by 0,5% and adding BR that goes over-cap and is fully useless, and compare that to taking 2,5% less hits overall, i'll take that "not hit at all" option thanks.
your example is horribly skewed in favor of avoidance.
before the next patch, the 39 dodge points you would need (minimum) for 1% avoidance would be roughly 76 block value which on a 19000 boss hit is 0.4% damage reduction (1% against 2.5% avoidance). After patch it will be 2% damage reduction against 2.5% avoidance. Now consider that I am giving a lot of bias to your avoidance, I am using undiminished dodge to simplify the math, if it were parry, block would win by a small margin (and it also gives you threat and EH that parry doesn't). diminishing returns act to negate the stacking bonus on avoidance, though I have no idea how effectively it does this.
so if there is somewhere after patch where you can trade straight parry for BV, do it. I can't think of any gear out currently where this is possible. we have parry+BV, dodge+armor, dodge+parry, BV+BR, dodge+BR, and dodge+hit/exp gear combinations in the ulduar gear that I can think of (off the top of my head). out of all those, dodge+armor is probably the best piece to go for. Ok I am getting off topic now
